• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Duplicate Files

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Files

Does anyone have a recommended way of listing all the duplicate files on a disk? Windows 10.

I know there are a lot of free tools available but wondered if anyone had a preferred choice to save me lots of time installing\uninstalling ones that don't work.

Ta
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

I have used Glary utilities fr years now Has a suite of useful tools, including a duplicate file finder.

Be warned, there are lots of them at the best of times!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

get-filehash (Powershell) is all you need.
      And a bit of scripting skill.
      Take the output to a CSV file and process from there.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Code:
        cd c:
        dir /s /b /a:d>directory.txt
        Upload it to upwork.com and say you'll pay $10 for it.

Comment

Any particular file type? I've got a great one for images - I can dig it out when I next go downstairs to my office if you like.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

this works, and it's free <or donate if you like it>

https://dupeguru.voltaicideas.net/
            Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
            Inertia, however........................

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I shall go forth and research based upon the information given!
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Any particular file type? I've got a great one for images - I can dig it out when I next go downstairs to my office if you like.
                Anti-Twin
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Clonespy is the best tool I've used for finding and deleting duplicate file in Windows 10
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                  X