• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duplicate Files

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Files

Does anyone have a recommended way of listing all the duplicate files on a disk? Windows 10.

I know there are a lot of free tools available but wondered if anyone had a preferred choice to save me lots of time installing\uninstalling ones that don't work.

Ta
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

I have used Glary utilities fr years now Has a suite of useful tools, including a duplicate file finder.

Be warned, there are lots of them at the best of times!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

get-filehash (Powershell) is all you need.
      And a bit of scripting skill.
      Take the output to a CSV file and process from there.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Code:
        cd c:
        dir /s /b /a:d>directory.txt
        Upload it to upwork.com and say you'll pay $10 for it.

Comment

Any particular file type? I've got a great one for images - I can dig it out when I next go downstairs to my office if you like.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

this works, and it's free <or donate if you like it>

https://dupeguru.voltaicideas.net/

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I shall go forth and research based upon the information given!
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Any particular file type? I've got a great one for images - I can dig it out when I next go downstairs to my office if you like.
                Anti-Twin
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Clonespy is the best tool I've used for finding and deleting duplicate file in Windows 10
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                  X