• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recording Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a slightly OT aside, are there any that don't need to be installed and just run from a self-contained executable?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      As a slightly OT aside, are there any that don't need to be installed and just run from a self-contained executable?
      Not tried it myself

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilit...tudio_portable
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Camtasia

Don't ask why just trust me as someone who records hundred of User Research interviews it's the best product out there
        It is, but if you don't need all that functionality and expense Snagit and Movie Maker is fine.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I thought these needed the portableapps.com platform installed on a memory card or USB stick to operate. This is not neccesarily a bad thing as that platform is pretty slick. I have had a memory stick with portableapps.com installled handy since about 2006. Very useful for getting access to certain stuff on client site if you can use USB keys on their kit and the portableapps.exe isn't blocked by a policy (For example I have been able to access webmail, banking etc where it is blocked by policy by using portable firefox)
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Twitch

Do you require the video and audio? I'm pretty sure ffmpeg can do this though OBS sounds a good option.

Can I suggest, if this is important, you do a dry run first? Not suggesting you're daft but I have rarely had any broadcast/recording go according to plan even when I DO know what I'm doing. So easy to screw up an audio source setting or whatever and find you recorded a different window, or you only have your audio, etc.
            Especially if you cannot easily tell/test it's working live.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

I thought these needed the portableapps.com platform installed on a memory card or USB stick to operate. This is not neccesarily a bad thing as that platform is pretty slick. I have had a memory stick with portableapps.com installled handy since about 2006. Very useful for getting access to certain stuff on client site if you can use USB keys on their kit and the portableapps.exe isn't blocked by a policy (For example I have been able to access webmail, banking etc where it is blocked by policy by using portable firefox)
              I was a huge fan of portableapps, but I haven't had a client accept usb's or the .exe since about 2014.

(I used tiddlywiki's but stopped using those until I was able to use my own PC as well)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you can't add software or use the USB, how about an authentic 80's cinema recording stylee, using you mobile phone stuck behind you, complete with some rustling sweetie wrappers and popcorn for good measure

Comment

If you just need it transcribed check out https://otter.ai/

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Twitch

Do you require the video and audio? I'm pretty sure ffmpeg can do this though OBS sounds a good option.

Can I suggest, if this is important, you do a dry run first? Not suggesting you're daft but I have rarely had any broadcast/recording go according to plan even when I DO know what I'm doing. So easy to screw up an audio source setting or whatever and find you recorded a different window, or you only have your audio, etc.
                    Especially if you cannot easily tell/test it's working live.
                    Twitch seems to be the thing of the moment. I have no idea what that is.

I have definitely come a cropper with recording and only picking up my audio rather than all. It's a good shout to do a test.

Comment

Going to look at OBS and Camtasia and run tests this weekend.
                      The video conference is being hosted by an NHS Trust on their setup.
                      Lets just say I am having a lot of issues with this NHS trust and for that reason this video conference has to be recorded.
                      I had to issue a Subject Request Notice and stuff was missing and a lot of stuff was incorrect.
                      Former IPSE member
                      My Website

Comment

Working...
                      X