• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

zip archive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zip archive

I keep many files on my computer. Yesterday I opened the working file and WinZip gave the following msg - the wrong data in the zip file.

There are some ideas on how to restore a file?

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
    I keep many files on my computer. Yesterday I opened the working file and WinZip gave the following msg - the wrong data in the zip file.

Just recover it from backup.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Just recover it from backup.

Comment

What operating system are you using? Have you encrypted the backup?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How much is it worth?
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I refer the OP to this thread. http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ive-error.html

I found the creator of that thread in a bedsit in Brazil. He pleaded with me to spare his life. I declined. Don't make me come after you

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              I refer the OP to this thread. http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ive-error.html

I found the creator of that thread in a bedsit in Brazil. He pleaded with me to spare his life. I declined. Don't make me come after you
              Why did he get banned? I don't remember seeing a 'Who's been banned post'?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Why did he get banned? I don't remember seeing a 'Who's been banned post'?
                At a guess he was teeing up the spammer - i.e. Both posting from the same IP address range, etc.

I think if Admin posted the name of every spammer banned, the thread would be a lot bigger than it currently is.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post

Install 7zip and try that - I've had corrupt zip files that WinZip couldn't handle but 7zip allowed partial extraction of archived files that weren't corrupted.

Comment

I don't have a backup copy, but I tried other variants, I still can't get back my important data.

Comment

Working...
                    X