• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

techie question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Get a contractors watch and wear that then?

Why do you need something that beeps a lot? doesn't the world have enough beeping in it for you already?
    Obviously it's for my railway game.
    Every hour at seventeen minutes past, the industries recalculate their occupancy levels and I might have to invest to get the best deal.
    Equally obviously, some workers may be up for auction at random times, and blindingly obviously I sometimes need to have a reminder that my goods licence will soon be up for renewal.
    All the while is the fast and furious train management, man management and diplomacy.

I need a little 'bing' and then to draw my attention
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Every hour at seventeen minutes past, the industries recalculate their occupancy levels and I might have to invest to get the best deal.
      Equally obviously, some workers may be up for auction at random times, and blindingly obviously I sometimes need to have a reminder that my goods licence will soon be up for renewal.
      All the while is the fast and furious train management, man management and diplomacy.

Oh. I thought it was for something pointless.

Egg timer? or a row of multi coloured egg timers coded for different things?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Oh. I thought it was for something pointless.

Egg timer? or a row of multi coloured egg timers coded for different things?
        mmm. no

anyway, must dash

some bloke is offering 160,000 dollars if i can deliver 220 tons of cotton fibre to Longbridge in the next 40 minutes
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

You're a contractor man! Can't you get your butler to keep time for you?
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            OK so whats an amafor , Cretin?

It's for knocking nails in, pea-brain
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

It's for knocking nails in, pea-brain
              Feck me, even on a forum that contains very many really thick people, you stand out.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have you taken over from Bob Crow? Shouldn't there be a strike in and amongst all that?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Have you taken over from Bob Crow? Shouldn't there be a strike in and amongst all that?
                  EO is clearly the evil capitalist enemy of the workers
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                  X