• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2B 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Managed a little bit of training this morning in the Arizona desert.
    I thought about going for a ride today. They say it's the thought that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Might want to correct your entry..

4) You've been bengered - cornered my a whining person in a pub.
      People might start to think SY is yours.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So what does the cuk team look like so far? I wonder if admin would stump up for cuk-branded lycra outfits for us?

Though I doubt he would do it for MF - think of the cost....

Comment

Registration opens on Saturday.

Anyone actually want to do it?

Comment

Added poll. Forgot to make it public

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Only 2 weeks after Enduroman triple - but I am thinking about it. How do you get home afterwards? I suppose cycling might be fun.
              Sorry - completely missed this post :

Logistics are a bit of a PITA - if we can get a group together then it'd be worth hiring someone to ferry us about. Cycling back is of course an option for those for whom it's all a bit of a doddle - cycling down Ditchling sounds a lot better than cycling up it.

Comment

Got a day pass. Whale on a bilke is up for it so long as someone holds my hand!

They do a coach and lorry (I assume for Me & MF) return option for £24 on BHF page.

Sort of means we can 'rehydrate' before we get back without me ending up in the dyke.

so what's the deal? we register interest individually then one of us gets up at stupid o'clock in the morning to enter the team of up to 10 people?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Got a day pass. Whale on a bilke is up for it so long as someone holds my hand!

They do a coach and lorry (I assume for Me & MF) return option for £24 on BHF page.

Sort of means we can 'rehydrate' before we get back without me ending up in the dyke.

so what's the deal? we register interest individually then one of us gets up at stupid o'clock in the morning to enter the team of up to 10 people?

Registration opens at 10am on Saturday.

"On registration day we’ll be implementing queuing system on our website. ...

Places are on a first come, first served basis and there are plenty of places available so please be patient and have your credit card ready to pay your £35 registration fee. "

"If you want to take part as a team, now’s the time to start asking people to join you.

If you're riding as part of a team only the team leader needs to register and reserve team places (for up to 10 people) on Saturday 18 January 2014.

Team members will have until Wednesday 29 January 2014 to complete and pay for their place. Riders must be 14 years old or over on Sunday 15 June 2014 to participate."
                  So it looks like one person registers, and books places for everyone, who presumably then get an email with their own link in to pay for their place.

Comment

Does Whale on a bike mean I wouldn't be the only fat lad doing it? If that's the case, and I don't suffer suityitis in the mean time, I'm in.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Does Whale on a bike mean I wouldn't be the only fat lad doing it? If that's the case, and I don't suffer suityitis in the mean time, I'm in.
                      Good on you.

Seriously, it's gonna be an amble - an enjoyable day out, with lots of refreshment stops, not a race. Except for DB of course - last one up is a big girl's blouse (and buys the first round!)

Great way to get motivated to do a bit of exercise/get fitter/lose a few kilos - and it really is achievable for anyone who starts this weekend with five miles

Comment

Working...
                      X