• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Systems down!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose sockie is MF, no one really experiences this much fail surely
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Don't you have a change control doc? Who signed off the testing?
      Sack Test Monkey who signed off the Exit Report
      Sack Release Monkey who failed to do due diligence
      Sack Change Monkey who failed interrogate the work of the above
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Sack Test Monkey who signed off the Exit Report
        Sack Release Monkey who failed to do due diligence
        Sack Change Monkey who failed interrogate the work of the above
        But first sack the product owner who didn't check what any of the, was signing off

Eek in its just MF's attempt to escape now rather than later mode
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Hawd on...

The forms fields have variable names and they are correct but it is the on screen text labels beside the fields are wrong and that is killing the system?

Jesus ****!
          Is it salesforce?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wish I could publish the email trail I have, it's absolutely fantastic. They've now found the route cause and it's classic schoolboy error.

It starts with a screenshot of my comments on the original story saying 'NB. Check the label / field change does not cause an integration problem'

Then a number 'about 20' emails back and forth with an ever increasing number of people (now 20) chipping in, pointing out a possible solution.

Eventually it was found that on system A as well as renaming the labels they made the column name similar, do similar the integration code picked up the new field name instead of the other. Of course after lots of finger pointing and an ever increasing number of 'I disagree with the last email' they've now come to the conclusion it was nobodies fault and a problem with the platform. The solution to add -new- in the name of the new field as opposed to making it identical to the old one.

FFS this is route 1 schoolboy error. Makes me laugh though.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I wish I could publish the email trail I have, it's absolutely fantastic. They've now found the routeot cause and it's classic schoolboy error.
              what they couldn't speill? Its Roots of a tree!

well at least you come out smelling of roses. Well done, always send the CYA mail eh?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X