• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unauthorised Reference Request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    Sounds like it

Anyway I had an email back from her saying she didn't like tone of my email and she was doing her job and she'd ccd her manager in she said she didn't want to go into detail in the email but would call tomorrow.

She's been told that the client knows she was fishing and is suitably annoyed so has burnt and potential bridges there.

It seems I've rattled her cage which is my good deed of the day done so I'm off out into the garden

Don't worry she will put you on the blacklist, you ill never work again.

Automation=

:tomorrow
    while jobseekers
    If AgentBreathe+jobseekers.reference=True then MakeCall(jobseekers.reference) end if
    jobseekers +1
    end while

Goto Tomorrow

function MakeCall(unsuspectingClient)

while Client< Apoplectic or Client not threatenToShovePhoneToAvoidSunshine

Ring(client )
    pester
    loop
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well in a turn up for the books the Business Manager of the agency contacted me this morning to offer his apologies about what had occured and that of the agent (who, as suspected, was relatively new to the game) and insisted on driving down from Leeds this afternoon (100 mile round trip!!) with the agent to meet face to face!!

So they bought me a beer in a pub just up the road and we had a decent chat, which was fair play to them tbh

As suspected she was just trying to get an in with my previous client but had obviously over stepped the mark.

Agent was fit as well which was a bonus

Comment

Well in a turn up for the books the Business Manager of the agency contacted me this morning to offer his apologies about what had occured and that of the agent (who, as suspected, was relatively new to the game) and insisted on driving down from Leeds this afternoon (100 mile round trip!!) with the agent to meet face to face!!

So they bought me a beer in a pub just up the road and we had a decent chat, which was fair play to them tbh

As suspected she was just trying to get an in with my previous client but had obviously over stepped the mark.

Agent was fit as well which was a bonus
        Bullsh1t.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I appreciate it sounds far fetched based on what we all experience from the majority of agents but what would i gain by posting something like this in general if it weren't true, apart from a load of abuse!

I was as shocked as anyone, but they genuinely came down from Leeds to meet me to apologise face to face and to have a chat.

I'm not sure what else to say.

Agency was Realstaffing in Leeds if anyone's intersted

Comment

I appreciate it sounds far fetched based on what we all experience from the majority of agents but what would i gain by posting something like this in general if it weren't true, apart from a load of abuse!

I was as shocked as anyone, but they genuinely came down from Leeds to meet me to apologise face to face and to have a chat.

I'm not sure what else to say.

Agency was Realstaffing in Leeds if anyone's intersted

what colour shoes was she wearing ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Black

Comment

Black
                thats not what you said before.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Bit of a weird one this

I got a text last night from the hiring manager of a previous client (on really good terms with) saying he'd been contacted by and agent asking for a reference for me. He said he'd given a glowing recommendation naturally. But the weird thing is I've no business with this agent.

She contacted me about a role a while ago but I said I wasn't available so quite what she's trying to gain by getting a reference from a client I've not worked at for 3 years is beyond me.

I called her this morning to see what she was playing at but she was apparently out of the office all day.

Any suggestions as to a possible motive, as I'm pretty stumped, until I actually speak to her.
                  Ask for her a reference on her from her current boss, sent from Fandango Recruitment Ltd
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I am a bit sorry for taking the mickey ^^

but it just gobsmacks me that people have so much difficulty understanding why agents do the things that agents do.

People do things for a very few motives, sex , power or money.

please do not overthink the mystery

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X