• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I know, and I think it's an important development; getting value out of the huge data collections in companies and outside of them will be a big thing. However, forgive me for being a little bit jaded by hearing umpteen thousand buzzwords in the last 15 years.
    I had JAP this week in a e-mail about a project. Had to read through the end to find out it meant Java Application Platform, bunch of old bollocks if you ask me.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Global, all encompassing terms like big data are fine between people that understand that it is catch all for a large set of skills and usages.

I recently sat through a townhall where this high paid exec explained that he was in charge of big data for big co and what it would do for the big co. Sounded like they were screen scraping facebook for leads.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I recently sat through a townhall where this high paid exec explained that he was in charge of big data for big co and what it would do for the big co. Sounded like they were screen scraping facebook for leads.
        Was his name Mike Lynch?
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

DevOps Borat

https://twitter.com/DEVOPS_BORAT/sta...98056470315008

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I had JAP this week in a e-mail about a project. Had to read through the end to find out it meant Java Application Platform, bunch of old bollocks if you ask me.
            It's just occurred to me, that if they do ever put java on the ipad, it might be the japs eye. not sure if I want the missus looking at that all day

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

https://twitter.com/BigDataBorat
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Re: Big Data

High five!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I know I'm going to regret this but why?
                  I was hungry, and the banks were closed for the bank holiday weekend!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I was hungry, and the banks were closed for the bank holiday weekend!
                    Well thanks for answering....

Maybe a bit late now mind but...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Well thanks for answering....

Maybe a bit late now mind but...
                      better late than never...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X