• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So in essence you may as well go with BT as there is no middle man
    No, it's not better - read my first post: Sky quoted 3rd Dec install, and BT quoted 6th - though bloke on the phone said they'd need to confirm install date for phone line.

Either way it's total boll0x that it takes 3-4 weeks to install effing phone line - it's not like I live in remote Scottish cave!!!

Comment

I like Virgin. No pissing around with crap BT phone lines.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        No PPV though...
        I don't plan on using those service on TV...

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          I've probably mentioned this before but I hate BT with a passion. Their call centre drones are by far the stupidest people I've ever had the misfortune to talk to. I avoid them now at all costs.
          I agree. But then I found TalkTalk. A more threatening, costly and damaging type of deliberate incompetence.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

oh fFS, talk talk is unbundled service - they'll still use BT lines surely as they own all this second rate copper, it's still BT line or more like "OpenReach" with BT being reseller of said lines, still tulipy BT whichever way you smell it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              oh fFS, talk talk is unbundled service - they'll still use BT lines surely as they own all this second rate copper, it's still BT line or more like "OpenReach" with BT being reseller of said lines, still tulipy BT whichever way you smell it
              Of course they do.

It's like a tulip landlord who has a loan on a tulip property in a tulip area in say, I dunno, Midlands, who then decides to hand it over to an even tuliptier management company in, lets say the hot, dusty mythical city of BanglesLore and charges you even more for the rent. And then procedes to tulip down your chimney every day while cutting off your utilities several times a day and then when you eventually move out, they keep charging you rent. And for the tulip they left in your chimney.

FTTH.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                But there are degrees of crapness.
                Indeed. Semper in merda sumus modo altitudo variat.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

oh ffs - Sky texted this morning to confirm phone like install date - 6th Dec, same as BT was quoting on their site ffs.

Called telewest they say will send a person to survey house whether their DB is wrong (whole street wired). Don't hold my breath...

Comment

Sorry to hear that AtW

Still, it's an opportune time perhaps to create your own SKA telephone network perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Don't hold my breath...
                      We'll try not to ...
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X