• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babylon 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Susan Ivanova
    Now you are talking. Serious girl crush there. And she was a lezzer too.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Really? I liked Jadzia.
      It's the girl next door thing. Ezri, Kaylee, Gabrielle from Xena, Lucy from ER....
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The problem many ST fans had with B5 was that they couldn't get their heads around the concept of "story arc". It most definitely was not a series of self-contained episodes. For the most part, the B5 storyline was planned out.
        Well ST and TNG had NO arc at all, but DS9 did have a multi-series story. I do get a bit bored when every show has to fit a whole story neatly in an episode. Even the more original series like Dexter/Breaking Bad stick to this to a fair extent.

The problem with any series which tries to have a proper story is when you watch the DVDs, you get so SICK of "previously on..." when you only just watched it. I'd love it if that was always one scene you could skip or something.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I never really liked DS9 - it was like Eastenders-in-Space, with the same old characters all living in a tiny area which they hardly ever leave, all drinking in the same pub every lunchtime and evening, and all having a constant succession of improbable things happen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Now you are talking. Serious girl crush there. And she was a lezzer too.
            Don't mind me girls, just pretend I'm not here. Dont worry about the camera
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I never really liked DS9 - it was like Eastenders-in-Space, with the same old characters all living in a tiny area which they hardly ever leave
              A bit like a real space station then.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                A bit like a real space station then.
                And also a bit like the premise for a very dull TV series

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Don't mind me girls, just pretend I'm not here. Dont worry about the camera
                  I think she batted for both sides so something for the gentlemen too
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I think she batted for both sides so something for the gentlemen too
                    That she did
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

On balance, Voyager is my fave....
                      The worst of the lot. Janeaway's voice made me want to puke.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      The problem with any series which tries to have a proper story is when you watch the DVDs, you get so SICK of "previously on..." when you only just watched it. I'd love it if that was always one scene you could skip or something.
                      With Sapphire and Steel, you get the last few minutes of the previous episode before the opening sequence. On the B5 DVDs there is no "previously", and as soon as the open sequence starts you can skip to the next scene. But "The name of the place is Babylon 5" makes me want to slap someone.

Doctor Stephen Franklin - another B5 character I really don't like. Though Richard Biggs (RIP) was a very decent guy.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X