• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Your reaction to the infraction is what has led to the ban. Completely OTT and to then throw abuse at a moderator and call me weak is hardly doing you any favours now is it?

NAT has explained the rules of the forum as I see them and I think it is fair enough. He is also right in saying that we all (mods) discussed this and decided we would ban when you returned as your PM had a heavy dose of flounce and you also said you were off on holiday. No point banning you when you would not be here to enjoy it.

The forum is supposed to be a bit of fun, taking an infraction as seriously as this is a little disturbing to say the least. I think perhaps you are in need of a holiday, you certainly could do with lightening up a bit.

Have banned your sock puppets. V poor show.
    It's no good explaining to NAT what you think the rules are - the rest of us don't have a flippin clue! OK - I don't have a flippin clue.

Now I know there are T's and C's but there is - apparently- 'flexibility'? How is that defined?
    E.g. why is an 'MF is a girl' thread moved and then deleted where other, similar threads are not? You must understand it looks inconsistent?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It's arbitary, inconsistent and subjective as a necessary consequence of having moderators who are real people. It's imperfect. In common with other forums I moderate, I don't read every post. I check out threads that might be problematic. If I spot something that I think needs some kind of response, then I'll act. If I don't spot it, then obviously I won't.

I moved the MF is a girl thread because I spotted it, and thought a thread set up specifically to insult another member was inappropriate. It had also been reported as a problem post. I couldn't care less about post within threads, so long as no-one complains, and what's said isn't racist or such like.

In CUK, I find very little of the "police" type moderation needs doing. Generally, it's moving threads in the wrong place, approving newbies and deleting spam.

btw - I think admin was saying that earlier in this thread I'd explained the rules, as he saw them. Not that he explained the rules ot me.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sorry, "NAT has explained the rules of the forum" - he has explained them, in an earlier post in the thread, not "I have explained the rules to NAT".

They are linked to from the home page of the forum:
        Bulletin Board Terms and Conditions :: Contractor UK

Comment

As the injured party of said 'MF is a girl' I would like to point out that I was seriously offended. To be fair, i have put on a little weight recently and the excess of steriods when I was younger has led to a little growth in that area. But as far as I know I haven't completed the injections and so to date, I am fairly certain I am still a man.

That said, I am happy to let the matter lie. But rest assured, if this insult is made again and left on this board for any period of time, where I am a respected and well loved member than I have no action left but to sue CUK, the Moderators, anyone who read and agreed with the post, anyone who knows anyone who read and agreed with the post and especially the owners of CUK who I have no doubt have acted personally against me and anyone else who loves Prog Rock.

I hope I am not overeacting. nerd
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What the? SuitU banned? gone forever?

Where will we get our entertainment from?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              It's no good explaining to NAT what you think the rules are - the rest of us don't have a flippin clue! OK - I don't have a flippin clue.

Now I know there are T's and C's but there is - apparently- 'flexibility'? How is that defined?
              E.g. why is an 'MF is a girl' thread moved and then deleted where other, similar threads are not? You must understand it looks inconsistent?
              Put the kettle on....
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                ..... against me and anyone else who loves Prog Rock.
                Ban, Burn and Flay him.

Catalogue princess, apprentice seductress
                hiding in her cellophane world in glitter town
                Awaiting the prince in his white Capri
                Dynamic young tarzan courts the bedsit queen.
                She's playing the actress in this bedroom scene
                She's learning her lines from glossy magazines
                Stringing all her pearls from her childhood dreams
                Auditioning for the leading role on the silver screen.
                Patience my tinsel angel, patience my perfumed child
                One day they'll really love you, you'll charm them with that smile
                But for now it`s just another Chelsea Monday.

Ahhhhhh - those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                  Ban, Burn and Flay him.

Catalogue princess, apprentice seductress
                  hiding in her cellophane world in glitter town
                  Awaiting the prince in his white Capri
                  Dynamic young tarzan courts the bedsit queen.
                  She's playing the actress in this bedroom scene
                  She's learning her lines from glossy magazines
                  Stringing all her pearls from her childhood dreams
                  Auditioning for the leading role on the silver screen.
                  Patience my tinsel angel, patience my perfumed child
                  One day they'll really love you, you'll charm them with that smile
                  But for now it`s just another Chelsea Monday.

Ahhhhhh - those were the days

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    No. We discussed it, and agreed it.
                    That we did. Sorry I missed the party!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    would point out that the deletion of the "MF is a big girl" thread seems to go against the assertion that "It is against our policy to delete threads after they have replies, so do not ask us to delete threads once they have attracted attention" but I don't really want to get dragged into this unseemly brawl, so I won't
                    That was me - NAT moved the thread, I saw the reports and thought 'it's too pointless even for LR', so canned it. I'd undelete, but MF might show me his moobs and play more Glam. Sorry.

As NAT has said - the rules are flexible for a reason - we do tend to confer once in a blue moon when there's any doubt - and contrary to any paranoia you may feel - very little policing takes place other than the mundane.

Spectacular sense-of-humour-failure by SY, sincerely hope he has a quality weekend and chills out, away from the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Sorry, "NAT has explained the rules of the forum" - he has explained them, in an earlier post in the thread, not "I have explained the rules to NAT".

They are linked to from the home page of the forum:
                      Bulletin Board Terms and Conditions :: Contractor UK
                      You hae corrected an error on my part, but you hane failed to answer the main point of my post.
                      1. we have all read the T's and C's
                      2. we have mostly ignored them
                      so when exactly do the T&C get ignored?
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X