• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inception

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I loved the way it threw me into the deep end with the opening scenes (double dream) forcing me to try to work out what the flip was going on.

I loved the concept of how a foreign influence in a dream could trigger subconcious defence mechanisms, and how the more abstract things got the more hostile the environment.

I loved the complexity of the story, how it kept my mind busy trying to work out how all the layers of multiple simultaneous virtual realities were interacting with each other.

I didn't care that there was no explanation on how the dream machine or the sedative worked, or how unrealistic it seemed, it was the concept and how it was delivered that enthralled me.
    Fair enough. I think it's just a case that you're more easily impressed than I am. On the other hand, I was really impressed with the salmon and courgette quiche I had for lunch, so it's all relative really.

Comment

Oh, and how long before geeks everywhere start carrying those spinning tops around and getting them out in meetings? I'm almost tempted to do that myself. Even better would be a trick one with magnets that doesn't stop spinning. Although I can't remember what that was supposed to signify.

Comment

The Lord of The Rings. A complicated idea made simple.

ish

I liked the third matrix film, so don't listen to me.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          They were good ideas (well, some of them) which were written well and made entertaining. District 9 is a good example of that. A very good example, in fact. Lots of sympathy with the main character as he starts off as a kind of heartless dork and then changes. Plenty of suspense and quality action and original characters (loved the Nigerians in that film).
          Interesting. I didn't like D9. I felt it degenerated into a shoot-em-up when all else had failed.

Comment

I liked Léon.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I am Léon

Comment

I saw Inception at the IMAX on Friday.

Fully deserves all the praise it gets IMO.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Seriously, when you think back over Inception... nothing happens. It's just silly. And even after all that "cleverness" and "thrills", we end up with *SPOILER* ...some guy might change how his company is run. Woah! Really?
                  Did you actually watch Inception? Did you pop out for a pint after 20 minutes and get back just in time to see the credits rolling?
                  Reading what you wrote there it seems that you've missed some fairly huge parts of the film.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

A lot of people are saying that Inception is the greatest film they've ever seen, and that the final frames are more effective than the end of Citizen Kane.

For this reason, I've decided not to try to further my argument that it's actually just... lame. It must be me that's wrong. And a handful of other people. Not enough of us to set up a support group. I'll just go and see Toy Story 3 again.

Comment

A lot of people are saying that Inception is the greatest film they've ever seen, and that the final frames are more effective than the end of Citizen Kane.

For this reason, I've decided not to try to further my argument that it's actually just... lame. It must be me that's wrong. And a handful of other people. Not enough of us to set up a support group. I'll just go and see Toy Story 3 again.
                      Did you have a little sniffle at the end?

Comment

Working...
                      X