• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Useless facts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The daddy longlegs has the most venomous bite of any spider in the World; but it's jaws are two small to penetrate an adult's skin. Children may be another matter though
    What if it bit you on the tip of your tongue though?

Comment

There are no muscles in your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

What if it bit you on the tip of your tongue though?
        Your tongue will swell up to the size of a football and suffocate you!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          You can grow a flower underground, in a cave for example, using a UV lamp.

The plant will thrive, but the flower will have no colour

I grow copious numbers of plants under artificial lighting and they have perfectly good flowers.

You can come and see a few of the better ones on the 20/21 March at the Royal Horticultural Halls & Conference Centre.

Although I could imagine using strong enough UV lamps would bleach the colour out of anything.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In 1610, the year the King James Bible translation was completed, William Shakespeare was 46.

And in Psalm 46, the 46th word from the start is "Shake", and the 46th word back from the end is "Spear".
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              I grow copious numbers of plants under artificial lighting and they have perfectly good flowers.

You can come and see a few of the better ones on the 20/21 March at the Royal Horticultural Halls & Conference Centre.

Although I could imagine using strong enough UV lamps would bleach the colour out of anything.
              I was in cruachan last year, the hollow mountain. All the flowers were albinos, and <spooky music> , no one knew why

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

The daddy longlegs has the most venomous bite of any spider in the World; but it's jaws are too small to penetrate an adult's skin. Children may be another matter though
                http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

A duck billed Platypus can hold 500 worms in its cheek pouches
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    A duck billed Platypus can hold 500 worms in its cheek pouches
                    A dog can hold thousands in its bowel
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Serving British prime ministers are forbidden by law to set foot on the Isle of Man.

Comment

Working...
                      X