• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fast forward

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont you just wish US producers would just think...lets do 2 series...and make it good....but you know that its going to be a cash cow and dragged out....

It looked good...but after Lost...not sure I've got the will for it...

Comment

'Cos I'm sad, I was hooked after seeing the trailers for it.

Quite a slow methodical start to episode one which quickly sped at and spew forth lots of threads.

Episode 2 last night slowed down again to an expected pace. Yep, I'm there, hook line and sinker.
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
        'Cos I'm sad, I was hooked after seeing the trailers for it.

Quite a slow methodical start to episode one which quickly sped at and spew forth lots of threads.

Episode 2 last night slowed down again to an expected pace. Yep, I'm there, hook line and sinker.
        Me too. Had a "wow" moment at the very end (hadn't seen the earlier spoiler in this thread, wouldn't have mattered, seeing as the spoiler didn't say who said it).

Enjoyed the name dropping of the "Echelon" algorithm to filter out key words on the "Mosaic" web page data analysis. Anyone recall seeing/hearing that on mainstream telly before?

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
          Enjoyed the name dropping of the "Echelon" algorithm to filter out key words on the "Mosaic" web page data analysis. Anyone recall seeing/hearing that on mainstream telly before?
          Spooks had a whole episode with a premise based on Echelon IIRC.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sticking with crap tv shows

I had the misfortune to catch some of the new saturday tea time bbc hit Hole in the Wall (or whatever it was called)

Did anyone else catch it? the basic premise being that a wall with various shaped holes in it moves towards the 'contestants' who must contort the bodies into the required shape to not get pushed into the water by the wall.

All the contestants are dressed in skin tight spangly suits and none of them should be.

Also, given the premise of the game, the team with the 18 stone woman will probably lose.

This is tv at is most basic.

I want a refund.

and indeed

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Sticking with crap tv shows

I had the misfortune to catch some of the new saturday tea time bbc hit Hole in the Wall (or whatever it was called)

Did anyone else catch it? the basic premise being that a wall with various shaped holes in it moves towards the 'contestants' who must contort the bodies into the required shape to not get pushed into the water by the wall.

All the contestants are dressed in skin tight spangly suits and none of them should be.

Also, given the premise of the game, the team with the 18 stone woman will probably lose.

I want a refund.

and indeed
              Aye, it is total trash, although my 9-yr-old son + his mate were in hysterics trying to make the shapes as the wall approaches (which kind of indicates the target audience). Outrageously graphic 'cameltoe' on the bird on the other team, gemma somebody, suit didn't look terrible wrapped round her either.... So - Something for all the family to enjoy !

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

If ever there was a time for "basic" television then 5:30 on a Saturday is definitely it.

I (with the SOH of a 9 yo) think it's hilarious.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Well, just watched the first two episodes and wasn't too impressed.

Plot seems thin and the acting ropey.

Will stick with it to see how it pans out.

Comment

I like it- the Flash Forward thingy...

Also saw last night an ad on FX for a US version of Life on Mars... might have to give that a blast too.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X