• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the weather will play a part, could either disrupt the batting or help the game to a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
      i think the weather will play a part, could either disrupt the batting or help the game to a draw.
      There will be far more in the way of sunshine on Monday with only a slim chance of an isolated light shower. Top temperature, 22C (72F).
      There's going to be a winner either way.

I can't stand the tension and it hasn't even started yet....
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        There's going to be a winner either way.

I can't stand the tension and it hasn't even started yet....
        Looks a good day for bowling. Eng to win 9 times out of 10 from this position but there is just that little bit of doubt....

Comment

220 for 5 is within reach.
          How many of the Aussies are capable of 50?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            220 for 5 is within reach.
            How many of the Aussies are capable of 50?
            Of those that are to bat I would have said on the 5th day of a test match only Johnson realistically.

Comment

Agreed about Johnson. If the English manage to get a quick wicket I reckon it could be wrapped up either before or shortly after lunch.

If these two bat the session, the back passages of England will be well and truly puckered!!

As an Aussie it pains me to say that the umpiring decisions haven't put us in this spot, rather appalling bowling on the first day and shocking shot selection in the first innings. How do 5 blokes go out playing the hook?? Put the flipping shot away!!! England showed you just need to bowl in half decent areas and you can pick wickets up. Mitchell Johnson, I hope you were watching so you can lift your game in the next test.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Amazing afternoon. Never expected the aussies to be bounced out. That was shockingly poor batting. Arrogance instead of brains? How Broad got wickets with that short dross was incredible.
                Originally posted by Jet Setter View Post
                How do 5 blokes go out playing the hook?? Put the flipping shot away!!! England showed you just need to bowl in half decent areas and you can pick wickets up. Mitchell Johnson, I hope you were watching so you can lift your game in the next test.
                Agreed. How has Johnson gone from being so good in SA to so poor here.

Comment

First wicket gone !!!! Brad whatsisname !!!

Comment

That's the start we wanted

WICKET Haddin c Collingwood b Flintoff 80, Aus 313-6
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I think you'll find his name is Haddin.

The same bloke who I saw one commentator rate as well below Prior because of his 'modest batting average'.

He's gone alright so far. Maybe he could instruct some of his top order mates on how to make a run.

Comment

Working...
                      X