• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    To be fair, that is a ikkle kitten and a big f**k off Guinea Pig!
    WHS. Give them 6 months together and it'll be one big f**k off cat and half a guinea pig.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Our Pigges co-exist quite happily with the moggies.
      But when we got the kittens from the RSPCA, we insisted that they had to be kittens so that they'd grow up with the guinea pigs and be used to being around them. It seems to have worked.

And our Piggies are BIG BU99ERS too.
      They make excellent first pets for children and if you get fed up of them I believe they're good on the barbie too
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        They make excellent first pets for children and if you get fed up of them I believe they're good on the barbie too
        They're the national dish in Peru; you can even get frozen guinea pig in the supermarkets there.

Comment

Our Pigges co-exist quite happily with the moggies.
          But when we got the kittens from the RSPCA, we insisted that they had to be kittens so that they'd grow up with the guinea pigs and be used to being around them. It seems to have worked.

Ok, takes through killing, skinning and jointing a Guinea Pig.

What colour should its viscerea be? Should we look for anything in particular as we eviscerate? Liver, kidneys, spleen etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Ok, takes through killing, skinning and jointing a Guinea Pig.

What colour should its viscerea be? Should we look for anything in particular as we eviscerate? Liver, kidneys, spleen etc?
            I was just preempting the fact that whenever I mention guinea piggies some chirpy bugger pipes up about the time they spent in South America and how yummy they were.

I could not kill and eat one - but I have no problem with other people doing so.
            My piggies are cute and make a special cooing noise when they see me

Comment

I was just preempting the fact that whenever I mention guinea piggies some chirpy bugger pipes up about the time they spent in South America and how yummy they were.
              What do you expect? It's CUK! Try this forum

Comment

I wonder which CUK'er is going to post on there asking for "recipes" ?
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  AWW cheers Mich
                  - that's a great site, full of adorable nitwits, potty about piggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Dogs x 2
                    Cats x 5-7 (A couple have 1/2 adopted us)
                    Chickens x 10
                    Ducks x 4
                    Fish x a few
                    Bees x approx 40,000

HTH
                    Tulip.... I forgot the 8 Rabbits

Comment

Guinea pigs here from next week. We are getting them for the children, however, I am pretty excited myself - they are very cute indeed.

Not that it needs justification, but there are further reasons I can readily think of - it will teach my 7 yo daughter some responsibility (at least for a week) and also in about 4 years time it will give her some idea what losing a loved one is like.
                      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                      X