• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurricane Rita

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Rita

Firstly – fill up your car tanks – petrol prices are going to go sky hi as oil production the gulf gets nailed ~ big time!

As some of you know I am a storm forecaster as well as a stormchaser -did anyone see the Equinox programme about the Birmingham tornado? Well that was me.

Right now I am leaving London Thursday for Texas to intercept Rita. As can be seen by the latest advisorys, Rita is EXPLODING!!! High res sat images show an intensifying hurricane. I am forecasting CAT4 or 5 by tomorrow afternoon, with CAT3/4 at landfall over Texas.

I will be back in the UK Monday and will post some video of the hurricane – that is if any one is interested….
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Originally posted by wxman
    As some of you know I am a storm forecaster as well as a stormchaser -did anyone see the Equinox programme about the Birmingham tornado? Well that was me.
    Well, I have not see you, but I sure seen the fking torrential rain that turned my street into river

Comment

Surely not Rita from Coronation Street ??

Would you do her ?

I just might after a few pints
      Last edited by DirtyOldMan; 21 September 2005, 00:27.

Comment

CAT3 this morning - expect CAT4 by this afternoon. Fill up those petrol tanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
          Surely not Rita from Coronation Street ??

Would you do her ?

I just might after a few pints
          not with your oldman not with yours.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Firstly – fill up your car tanks – petrol prices are going to go sky hi as oil production the gulf gets nailed ~ big time!

Right now I am leaving London Thursday for Texas to intercept Rita. As can be seen by the latest advisorys, Rita is EXPLODING!!! High res sat images show an intensifying hurricane. I am forecasting CAT4 or 5 by tomorrow afternoon, with CAT3/4 at landfall over Texas.

I will be back in the UK Monday and will post some video of the hurricane – that is if any one is interested….

have you a web site with this stuff on???
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

I had a funny feeling that it was you on Equinox, Wxman... can't think why.

Comment

I have a simple web tulipe I need to update it however..

http://www.wx4tv.co.uk/

Comment

STORMS PUMP UP PRICES

Oil prices are on the way up again because of worries that the latest hurricane - Rita - may damage key oil facilities in Texas.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...442968,00.html

Comment

I did see the programme. I also wondered if it was you. Thought you came across quite well in it.

I didn’t think much of the claim that the tornado had been forecast though. It seemed that the forecast was for a likelihood of tornados somewhere in the midlands or Wales. That’s all very well in a “I told you so” kind of way, but of little practical use. I was about 5 miles south of the tornado, and it wasn’t even very windy. What were we to do with your forecast had we known about it? Should the whole of England and Wales have spent the day in a storm shelter?

Comment

Working...
                    X