• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news

Is it me or has the past few weeks resulted in one stream of bad news after another

- terrorist attacks in London, Sharm El- Sheikh, Israel etc
    - 4 or 5 plane crashes in sequence
    - murders, left, right and centre
    - rape
    - hurricanes
    - floods
    - forest fires
    - African immigrants being burnt in their sleep in Paris (3 separate occasions)the list goes on

Death, despair, destruction and danger seems to be all around us. As someone who has personally recently experienced tragic events in my own family I could succumb to the twin temptations of cynicism and fear however I will not- I know that I my Creator loves me so much that he died for me. When I suffer he suffers and when I feel pain he feels pain. That plus knowing that one day in the future The Bible tells us that

"......Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev 21: 3b - 4

makes me start each day with a renewed confidence and hope. To the forces of evil out there - I say this "I AM NOT AFRAID".
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

yeah.

Comment

August seems to be pretty bad month in Russia, but luckily not this time.

I could be wrong but I think planetary activity is higher in this month, could be your God playing, eh Chico?

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          makes me start each day with a renewed confidence and hope. To the forces of evil out there - I say this "I AM NOT AFRAID".
          But live in the fear of the LORD always.
          Proverbs 23:17

After all, he started the hurricanes, the floods, the murders, the terrorists, the rapists. He stood idly by while these things happened. Yes, I am afraid too.

Comment

Jabber The Bible is clear about the source of all evil - the devil, satan, lucifer. Call it what you will. We have removed God from our homes, from our schools, from our workplaces, from our government even from our churches and as such we have left ourselves dangerously exposed to evil and suffering. I look forward to the day when all people will call on the name of the Lord.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico: you have a very good point there.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                Jabber The Bible is clear about the source of all evil - the devil, satan, lucifer.
                Surely God is all powerful and should be able to confound Satans tricks and evil doings.
                If the Devil is more powerful than God then would it not be prudent to be offering our allegiance to the powerful one?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  Surely God is all powerful and should be able to confound Satans tricks and evil doings.
                  If he did that he'd take away free choice and give you something else to moan about.

Comment

The devil is not more powerful than God. Revelation tells us what will ultimately happen to the devil and all who choice evil. Wendigo is correct it is all about our free will. The freedom to choice to love and obey God or to reject him. When we do reject we suffer the consequences and we also have inherited the decay, illness of the human body and the entire Earth after the human fall. Remember The Bible tells us that when God made man and the Earth it was "good" (perfect). That stopped when we turned away from him. Gen 1:31 and Romans 5:12 .
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X