• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most expensive software?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    WTF does it do?
    It is just a link to Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up' video.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      WTF does it do?
      Route planning software. Basically you give it customers, warehouse locations and delivery fleet and it calculates the most efficent routes to use.

But on a massive scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        What is the most expensive software (single user licence) that you have had to order (in normal circumstances, not looking at the OS for cray super computers or the interface for a automated warehouse system. Has to run on a standard PC).

Just had a quote here for some software.

£40,000 + VAT for single user licence (have to use a dongle). *gulp*

Thankfully ClientCo is paying and not me. I just get to train people to use it.
        Catia? with kinematics licence and FiberSIM?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          What is the most expensive bit of software you have bought for yourself? I'm going to have to buy a copy of Jaws For Windows for the little guy and it costs about £800. It is a screen reader - up to now he has had the demo version only which is free but is limited to 40 mins before the PC needs to be rebooted to start the clock again. Everything needed IT wise for blind people is bleedin expensive.
          Vutrax.

£4k & counting.

Comment

Route planning software. Basically you give it customers, warehouse locations and delivery fleet and it calculates the most efficent routes to use.

But on a massive scale.
            I remember that stuff from Operational Research.

Vaguely.

Transportation algorithm and stuff.

Travelling salesman problem.

Comment

But on a massive scale.
              Buy a TomTom.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I have about 25 copies of various levels of zOS, zVM, zVSE and zLinux sitting at home with a street value of around a million dollars in the right hands. These are meant for developers but because they come fully loaded (DB2, CICS, IMS, WAS, MQ, etc) then dodgy commercial companies would love to have them.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X