• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumb Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you agree to the tel interview

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter View Post
      Why did you agree to the tel interview
      What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
        That's very true! I'm still getting roughly twice as many calls about perm jobs as I do contract gigs.

Fools
        I thought that was just me

Comment

Sorry dodgy, I'm sure your not

What is the dumbest agent you've come up against.

This is mine. First of all I live in Chester. This lass rung up and asked if I would commute to Manchester, I said no that was a bit too far (wasn't too desperate at that point). She then asked if I would commute to Surrey!!!!!! I said no, so she asked about Northern Ireland!!

WTF?
          Isnt it a girlie thing this not having a clue about the layout of the UK? more importantly what does she look like ?

BTW I have had my moments
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'd say that was a very resourceful agent. First she suggested a reasonable commute, which you turned down. Then she offered you a chance to move out of the bleak depressed North West, into a more prosperous county. Ungratefully, you turned that down too. Finally, reasoning that you're a Scouser (or near enough), she offered you a contract in Northern Ireland where you'd almost certainly have relatives to stay with.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              I'd say that was a very resourceful agent. First she suggested a reasonable commute, which you turned down. Then she offered you a chance to move out of the bleak depressed North West, into a more prosperous county. Ungratefully, you turned that down too. Finally, reasoning that you're a Scouser (or near enough), she offered you a contract in Northern Ireland where you'd almost certainly have relatives to stay with.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                Why did you go so far to have a dump?
                Originally posted by zeitghost
                Easy.

They stole the votes.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Finally, reasoning that you're a Scouser (or near enough)
                  I believe the correct term is a "Plastic Scouser" or "plassie" to use the vernacular.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

NEVER! I moved here, not born here! (Is that better???)
                    http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

NEVER! I moved here, not born here! (Is that better???)
                      Hmmm - a plassie by choice?

Some are born unlucky, some choose it.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X