• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumb Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fran View Post
    No real or interesting reason. Just a name. Although I think pink may have given the wrong impression of me
    Hope you don't mind me saying, I think you need a second colour on your web site
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Hope you don't mind me saying, I think you need a second colour on your web site
      I disagree... I quite like your monochromatics. Moneysupermarket in a frame, however, bleurghh.. yuk.. get rid!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I'm sure I posted recently about the idiot who negotiated taking less of a commission from me.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          I disagree... I quite like your monochromatics. Moneysupermarket in a frame, however, bleurghh.. yuk.. get rid!
          I like the blue. Not a designer myself so I trust a designer friend. I like it damn it.

As for the MoneySupermarket Frames.... Grrrr I used to work for them and set up a lot of affiliates for them. When I left I set up an affiliate and they changed the system, only IFrames now. I know it's tulipe but it only gets about 5 people a month and I cant think of a decent way to remove the frames. At least not a decent simple way that I have the time to do.
          http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

I think I've come accross more dumb contractors than agents in my time

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              Why did you go so far to have a dump?
              Everyone should go to Liverpool for a dump, It's city of culture next year after all la
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                I've had a gig in Malta offered before, even though it says in clear, English text on my C.V. that I do not wish to travel or relocate.
                What I find even more annoying, is when they contact you and won't tell you where the gig is (lest you should be able to guess the client) so you can't even work out for yourself if the location is suitable or not.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                  What I find even more annoying, is when they contact you and won't tell you where the gig is (lest you should be able to guess the client) so you can't even work out for yourself if the location is suitable or not.

tim
                  I have become a lot more pushy about that sort of thing. If they won't tell you, then it's Bye Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    I have become a lot more pushy about that sort of thing. If they won't tell you, then it's Bye Bye.
                    I tried that, but then I got more desperate! Maybe next time!
                    http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

I had a great one this morning...

Agent advertised a role where I didn't seem to have the principal skill. I told him he was wasting his time (and mine by inference). Still he managed to persuade the client to do a telephone interview this morning. First question was "do you have 3 years hardcore [required skill]?" Nope I said, I told the agent I didn't but he said that was fine. "Sorry but whilst your CV looks really good I need a hardcore [required skill]". Bye.

Agent then phoned up full of the joys of spring asking how it went. I told him it exceeded my expectations. It lasted a whole 3 mins (1 minute laughing between me and client) whereas I was expecting nearer 30 secs. Agent puts phone down.

Can't see the client going near this agency again in a hurry
                      Last edited by boxman; 12 October 2007, 14:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X