• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter

Before the 12th day of Christ Child Tesco's are selling Easter Eggs celebrating him getting nailed and resurrected.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Picture or you are not telling the truth.

They normally sell hot cross buns first.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me. Think the first signs of Xmouse were back in September.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's been loads about it on Instagram but the photos aren't dated so hard to know if true or not.

However as it's in the Metro, it must be true

https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/01/sneak...tmas-20048559/

Comment

I can confirm similar findings - we had a walk on the beach on Friday and The WifeTM went into Nisa to get some milk and came out with a bag of mini eggs.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TBF it's a master stroke. Everyone likes to have a moan about the first easter eggs on sale so why not get in there first and get some free advertising?

Put up an empty cardboard concession stand at the end of one of the isles saying '2025 Easter Eggs' with coming soon sign and you'll be all over the papers for nothing.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 2 January 2024, 11:27.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Before the 12th day of Christ Child Tesco's are selling Easter Eggs celebrating him getting nailed and resurrected.
              Can confirm that Morrisions had their Easter eggs out on the 27th.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
              X