• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

deleted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

If you were one of the top performers in your team and then you found out others who contributed less got paid more, i am sure you would care.
    But if you were one of the lower performers/slackers then i agree you probably wouldn't give two hoots.
    if its a sales or finance wonk that is normal. Technical tends to be the poor relation in pay regardless how good you are.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe it is just me but I look at rightmove each day to see what houses are for sale to gauge the price of my house. I am sure many others do that

I would have thought that rates (not jobserve where the recruiters say "market rates" or "top rates") are a common topic amongst IT professionals? Just saying ...

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
        Maybe it is just me but I look at rightmove each day to see what houses are for sale to gauge the price of my house. I am sure many others do that
        It’s just you.

Yes, some people will look to see what is on the market occasionally. If you’re doing it each day to judge your house against others, then either it is your job, or it is the focus of your life.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I would have thought that rates (not jobserve where the recruiters say "market rates" or "top rates") are a common topic amongst IT professionals? Just saying ...
          Every day?

Wow you really do have self-esteem issues.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            He's not an admin. He's a moderator (and a very naughty boy). He certainly isn't a leader.

Hes not a naughty boy he’s a truly shocking moderator.

it’s gone downhill badly since I was last in charge

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              it’s gone downhill badly since I was last in charge
              Downhill in the sense that it's descended from Turd Mountain, yes.

Comment

I look at rightmove each day to see what houses are for sale to gauge the price of my house
                Do you at the same time?

There are better sites for that kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  In case anyone is interested, which seems unlikely. This is what NowPermOutsideUK originally posted.

NowPermOutsideUK - if you want to delete a thread, ask the moderators, and we may do it if you have sound reasons. Otherwise, doing what you did is vandalising the discussion. Have you considered only posting when you're sober?
                  What fun would the forum be if we did that [hic].

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Hmmm. You could be right, didn't read his other stuff.
                  If you read JB's other stuff he's hardly an angel, so I think your original point stands.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    If you read JB's other stuff he's hardly an angel, so I think your original point stands.
                    It's true, I'm not. However, I don't only post (fluff) in general, like some others...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It's true, I'm not. However, I don't only post (fluff) in general, like some others...
                      Why would only posting in General be considered a bad thing? Not sure who you're referring to but there are some posters who would be best staying out of the professional sections because they don't seem to know what the word means. It's bad enough when someone is an unremitting tool in General.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X