• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that I can't help to observe is the fact that the crypto currency valuations are all done against the fiat currencies (USD etc.) they are supposed to be actually replacing in the long term. It reminds me of the old gold bug question :

'If I bought a 1oz Gold Sovereign coin in 1981 ... how much would it be worth now?'

Answer

'It would be worth a 1oz Gold Sovereign'

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      What's the best/cheapest way to cash ETH out to a UK bank account these days? I've got a Coinbase account but I'm getting fed up with waiting for them to verify my UK bank account.
      Wirex works for small (5 figures). Quicker to go to USD though as activating a GBP account takes a while.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Is now a bad time to invest, is there any bad time to invest in Bitcoin

Comment

Originally posted by Sameissue View Post
          Is now a bad time to invest, is there any bad time to invest in Bitcoin
          it's a bad time to invest just as it reaches its peak.

HTH
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post
            One thing that I can't help to observe is the fact that the crypto currency valuations are all done against the fiat currencies (USD etc.) they are supposed to be actually replacing in the long term. It reminds me of the old gold bug question :

'If I bought a 1oz Gold Sovereign coin in 1981 ... how much would it be worth now?'

Answer

'It would be worth a 1oz Gold Sovereign'

Instead of saying, Bitcoin has risen sharply, it is better now to think, the US dollar is falling sharply.

Bitcoin is the true currency, everything else is a sham and a fake
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

https://www.coindesk.com/ether-sets-...more-than-3-8k

I sold a big chunk of Ether at about £450 per coin.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

me too. Sold it after doubling my money , now having to buy at 3 times price.
                I wish I had bought dogecoin back in dec.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I bought it $0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000001 per coin though.

Comment

I bought it $0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000001 per coin though.
                      Yeah, but it's not about the near zero price you bought, it's about near zero price you sold

Comment

Working...
                      X