• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England were pulverised on the fourth day of the Sydney Test as the Aussie juggernaut swept to its fifth win in five with another immaculate showing.

The resultant whitewash was the first since 1920-21, a 10-wicket win wrapped up shortly before lunch on Friday.

The situation was a hopeless one for England when play began: they were 114-5, with a lead of just 12.

And England were blown away for 147 to leave Australia needing 46 to win. They got there without losing a wicket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/6231701.stm
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
      England were pulverised on the fourth day of the Sydney Test as the Aussie juggernaut swept to its fifth win in five with another immaculate showing.

The resultant whitewash was the first since 1920-21, a 10-wicket win wrapped up shortly before lunch on Friday.

The situation was a hopeless one for England when play began: they were 114-5, with a lead of just 12.

And England were blown away for 147 to leave Australia needing 46 to win. They got there without losing a wicket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/6231701.stm
      Get back behind the wall.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

FFS, it's bat and ball.

Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          FFS, it's bat and ball.

Get over it.
          Aye. Oz is a sad, third rate country whose sole talent is sport. They're like the stupid little kid at school who can make really good paper aeroplanes and is not good at much else. When he's made the plane he says "Look how wonderful I am, look at my brilliant plane, it's much better than yours - ne ne ne" - not realising that no-one gives a tulipe.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Too late. Some fat Dutch bloke has knocked our top man off his perch.

And none of your lot will be as fat as our very very fat bloke Andy Fordham. There isn't enough food in the whole of Poland!

We're one-all in popes though, and you are one-nil up in chemical elements.
            England may not have any chemical elements, but Scotland does (strontium).
            Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Aye. Oz is a sad, third rate country whose sole talent is sport. They're like the stupid little kid at school who can make really good paper aeroplanes and is not good at much else. When he's made the plane he says "Look how wonderful I am, look at my brilliant plane, it's much better than yours - ne ne ne" - not realising that no-one gives a tulipe.
              And who's queen is it that hands out MBEs to blokes for scoring seven runs?
              Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
                Oh wait...
                Yep, you got it.

Your Queen.
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
                  Oh wait...
                  Actually a lot of us do give a tulipe, and so should we. We are all competitive and we all need to feel as though we belong to something whether it be family, footy darts or the local lager drinking club. Obviously there are those of us who live their whole sad sorry lives little lives through their football team, but it is important that sports teams compete to the best of their ability if they are picked and paid to play for their clubs or country.

whether you like players like Shane Warne or not is really immaterial. Apart fom the fact that it pleases him if the poms are upset, it is people like him who entertain and make many people happy. It is also people like him who will provide interest and entertainment for many many years.

To some of you cricket is a pointless sport, but so is anything else we do. Our performance on the cricket pitch and our couldnt give a tulip attitude is symptomatic of the way our society is run in this country.

Well done Australia, from one thoroughly pissed off pom
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Good post, dodgy. As a cricketer myself, it matters to me.

What I found frustrating is that all that professionalism England built up over six years, with Hussain and Vaughan as captains, seems to have dissolved. We could give anyone a game up to 2005. In 2004, we broke the world record for tests won in a calendar year.

Comment

Working...
                    X