• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Are we not all winers in a zero sum game?
    Is that Korbyn's new election slogan?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Dare I look that up on Urban Dictionary?
      It's what they did before someone with the balls of Fred Dibnar dared ladder up an Oxo tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R3-YwDZrzg

They put steps up the pyramids, the soft southerners.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I made a couple of purchases in XBT Provider's Bitcoin Tracker One (EUR) via Hargeaves Lansdown as part of my SIPP over the last 5 months.
        Once I reached 300% gain, I withdrew my initial investments - leaving only house money to play with. If it goes up - great, if it goes down - no real loss.

My recommendation:
        Don't invest in something you don't understand. Spend at least a week learning about Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin. There is a lot to learn. Learn about the how the technology works, avoid listening to 'opinions'.
        Once you understand it, get some skin in the game but don't put in more than you are willing to lose. I believe in bitcoin the protocol - it makes logical sense to me, but a lot of the current price is driven by emotion and faith.

Comment

Pyramiding

Pyramiding is buying more when price moves in your favour.

You start with a small initial investment in BTC. As price goes up you keep buying a bit more BTC.

This is less risky than investing a lump sum in one go, especially with something like BTC which could drop like a stone at any moment.

Pyramiding has similarities with pound cost averaging except you only add to your position while the bull market is intact.

Comment

Bitcoin millionaire says...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/11/bitc...y-bitcoin.html
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBlunt View Post
              ... Don't invest in something you don't understand. ...
              I don't even understand how a piggy bank can bring home the bacon.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I must say, I am rather intrigued by bitcoin and I am thinking of investing in it.. it seems worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                  Pyramiding is buying more when price moves in your favour.

You start with a small initial investment in BTC. As price goes up you keep buying a bit more BTC.

This is less risky than investing a lump sum in one go, especially with something like BTC which could drop like a stone at any moment.

Pyramiding has similarities with pound cost averaging except you only add to your position while the bull market is intact.
                  I'd argue differently. I've always bought into others fear and sell into their greed. Usually I buy when the price is falling and sell when rising. Over portfolio has risen in value quite some chunk by working this way.

Right weekend begins, off to the pistes...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I'd argue differently. I've always bought into others fear and sell into their greed. Usually I buy when the price is falling and sell when rising.
                    That's fine as long as the bull market is still intact. I'm not sure I'd want to be buying on the way down after the party's ended.

Comment

'Wolf of Wall Street' says Bitcoin is a 'huge scam' | Daily Mail Online

Jealous as he did not think of it first.

Comment

Working...
                      X