• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm..... no one else notice that Bitcoin is collapsing?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Phew - just checked and Scooty says it's all golden:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...48k-near-term/
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        It's still overpriced by $30,000.

Comment

More exciting is what's going on with LUNA and USTD which have collapsed 90% and 50% in the last 24 hours. A so-called stablecoin tied at $1 has crashed to 50 cents... I've always wondered how they keep stable coins stable.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

More exciting is what's going on with LUNA and USTD which have collapsed 90% and 50% in the last 24 hours. A so-called stablecoin tied at $1 has crashed to 50 cents... I've always wondered how they keep stable coins stable.
            They can't. But what they can do is keep them steady under most circumstances until suddenly 1 day they can't do it anymore.

What is surprising is that Tether - by far the biggest "stable" coin is still holding on (for the moment)
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Phew - just checked and Scooty says it's all golden:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...48k-near-term/
              I don't know where he lives, but wherever it is, you can still clearly buy cheap grog. Oh I do miss Scooty and his bulltulip predictions
              Last edited by Whorty; 12 May 2022, 07:31.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

"SEC’s Gensler Says Crypto Exchanges Trading Against Clients
                • Gensler concerned about ‘commingling’ of platforms’ services
                • Stablecoins also pose risks for anti-money laundering efforts
                Gary Gensler is ratcheting up his criticism of digital-asset exchanges, arguing that some platforms are shirking rules and may be betting against their own customers.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission chair reiterated Tuesday that most digital assets fall under his agency’s purview and venues trading them should register with the regulator. The SEC is also beefing up its enforcement efforts, he added."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gainst-clients

"stable"-sh1t-coins underpin this fraud of the 21st century, as well as "exchanges" that are owned by people who have massive interest in keeping this fraud going, that will go away soon and sh1t-coins will be finally be valued at what they are worth - sh1t.

That's when Pooper Scooper will be back...

Comment

Good lord: https://cryptowat.ch/charts/KRAKEN:LUNA-USD?period=30m

Down from 99 to 0.1 in just a few days. Makes BTC look good!

Comment

Oh and I see Tether USDT started to crumble, currently about 98c but briefly dipped to 96 overnight. That sounds quite terrifying to anyone immersed in crypto - if that goes is crypto dead? Is this really anything abnormal though or just one of crypto's periodic massive panics?

Tempted to put in a small amount.

Comment

I saw it and bought another £50. Its now worth around £70 and rising. As they say. Buy low, sell high.

Comment

Working...
                      X