• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://decrypt.co/83187/former-uk-c...dy-firm-copper

Philip Hammond, who served as U.K. Chancellor of the Exchequer under former Prime Minister Theresa May from 2016 to 2019. He's joining U.K.-based digital asset custody startup Copper as a senior advisor.
    Lord Hammond called the company "a true pioneer of digital asset investment technology" and implied his appointment could jumpstart the company's global ambitions: "If we can bring together the best of Britain—entrepreneurs, industry, government, and regulators—to create and enable a blockchain-based ecosystem for financial services, we will secure the UK’s global leadership in this field for decades ahead."
    What did I say Roy?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

"Bitcoin to $85k by November 20th

Another bold prediction! Be assured it’s not without some hours of study. So far 50/50 with both previous attempts at price and date predictions but 100% with both price predictions. Can this be the 3rd?

On the above daily chart price action has printed a new all time high. A close above the orange line is now needed to confirm support on the previous all time high.

This trade is confirmed with a close of $59k or above by October 25th and voided if below. Why is it important? A close here will print the first full bodied weekly candle above the previous all time high. That is incredibly bullish . See weekly chart below.

A buy from $58.5k is amazing if you can get it, however the current level of $60.1k is very strong support.

1st target $85k by November 20th (purple circle)

Good luck!"

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...November-20th/

Comment

Topic:

The Future of Money - does the UK need a Digital Pound?

Description:

The emergence of digital currencies has been driven by a combination of factors: frontier technologies and their use in payments innovation, increasingly global networks and communities, and a growing recognition that transition to a digital economy will require new forms of digital money.

The Digital Pound Foundation has recently been launched as an independent, non-profit organisation to work with a variety of stakeholders and participants towards the implementation of a well-designed Digital Pound. Recognising that both public and private sector have a role to play in the new digital money landscape, the Foundation's remit will also include advocacy for an inclusive, well-regulated, secure and transparent ecosystem that encompasses both CBDC and privately-issued forms of digital money.

In this special launch event, we will formally introduce the Foundation and some of its members, look at why Britain might need a digital pound and examine some of the key benefits and practical examples of how it could be used.

3.00 - 3.05pm
        Welcome and Opening Remarks: Helen Disney, Director, The Realization Group and Jeremy Wilson, Chairman, Digital Pound Foundation

3.05 - 3.15pm
        Will Lovell, Head of Future Technology, Bank of England - Does the UK need a digital pound? A perspective from the Bank of England

3.15 - 3.40pm
        Roundtable discussion - Why does the UK need a digital currency?

Jeremy Wilson, Chairman, Digital Pound Foundation
        Jannah Patchay, Markets Evolution and Originating Member, Digital Pound Foundation
        Will Lovell, Head of Future Technology, Bank of England

3.40 - 4.20pm
        Member and partner presentations

4.20 - 4.30pm
        Q&A

We invite you to submit any questions you may have before the event using the form below.

(Please follow this link for The Realization Group privacy policy, managed in accordance with the Digital Pound Foundation: https://www.therealizationgroup.com/privacy-policy/)
        https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/regi...T42EMciPftJ7bA
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What I wanna know is if scooterscot bough his mega yacht or drove his lambo to the jacuzzi moonbar.

I put a little in crypto this year at the worst possible time, wish I did it back in 2017 when this post was started, back when you could still get BTC around £600 to £1000 and ETH around £200)

Comment

Does anyone know which UK business bank accounts allow depositing/withdrawing in crypto-exchanges? I'm with Starling and they don't, neither do Revolut by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by chris424uk View Post
              Does anyone know which UK business bank accounts allow depositing/withdrawing in crypto-exchanges? I'm with Starling and they don't, neither do Revolut by the looks of it.
              https://bitcourier.co.uk/blog/crypto-friendly-banks-uk

Comment

Oh get you, sneaky crypto expert.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Oh get you, sneaky crypto expert.
                  As if you didn't know her bank details already
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

As if you didn't know her bank details already
                    Ah so that's where all the money comes from!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ah so that's where all the money comes from!

There's a joke there somewhere about deposits being made ....
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X