• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin divorces skyrocket as spouses stash wealth in cryptocurrencies

Married individuals are concealing assets in cryptocurrencies as top divorce lawyer warns of 'cat and mouse' hunt for assets

Most people’s to-do list for getting married doesn’t involve investing in Bitcoin.

But for one 29-year-old ready to express his love for his partner, buying the cryptocurrency was one of the first things that came to mind.

“I have about 50k cash now and hope to collect another 50k between now and when we actually marry,” he posted on Reddit.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ptocurrencies/

Should have unvested in pre-nup

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "$ASS Coin Billionaire: Tales From the Fringe of the Crypto Craze

The Bud Light Mango Mai Tais were beginning to take hold when Eric Hackney — 38, unemployed and ticked off by watching other people get rich — figured, What the hell? and laid $500 on some crazy-sounding thing called ASS Coin.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...?sref=o1Dqf087

not long before someone launches an $asswipe coin
      Last edited by Andy2; 23 May 2021, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Bitcoin divorces skyrocket as spouses stash wealth in cryptocurrencies

Married individuals are concealing assets in cryptocurrencies as top divorce lawyer warns of 'cat and mouse' hunt for assets

Most people’s to-do list for getting married doesn’t involve investing in Bitcoin.

But for one 29-year-old ready to express his love for his partner, buying the cryptocurrency was one of the first things that came to mind.

“I have about 50k cash now and hope to collect another 50k between now and when we actually marry,” he posted on Reddit.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ptocurrencies/

Should have unvested in pre-nup
        I don't get pre-nups. If you're concerned when going into the marriage that you might get divorced and lose some of your assets, then why get married? Just live together 'as married', just without the piece of paper.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I don't get pre-nups. If you're concerned when going into the marriage that you might get divorced and lose some of your assets, then why get married? Just live together 'as married', just without the piece of paper.
          I don't think it's always quite like that. Apparently the French marriage contract requires both parties to agree beforehand what they intend to do with the assets they have - keep, share, whatever - in the event of a divorce.

Personally, I don't necessarily believe that there is a single lifelong partner for everyone (some do, some don't). What with all this living longer malarkey, and having to work longer too, people can change over time and relationships may either fall or drift apart. To acknowledge that change in the relationship could happen and this is what we should do if it does happen isn't a bad thing.

If you're going into a pre-nup thinking the person I'm marrying is a potential bunny boiler and I could lose my collection of 1970's bottle tops in a nasty divorce then, yes, you should really reconsider whether getting married is the right thing to do.

Comment

Crypto has fallen a lot, time to buy again

Comment

I could be wrong but, these days, isn't that treated the same as marriage when it comes to division of assets (common law)?
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                This is when you could really do with a Scooter confirmation. His negative predictive powers never fail.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I could be wrong but, these days, isn't that treated the same as marriage when it comes to division of assets (common law)?
                  Nope. There is no such thing as a common law 'marriage'.

https://www.familylives.org.uk/advic...-law-marriage/

Comment

Pretty sure legal consequences for division of assets (after period of time - 2 years?) will be the same as if married - even though link above says not, defo if there are children
                    Last edited by AtW; 23 May 2021, 12:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      If it halves, I buy double.

Someone said "what if it goes to zero", my reply is "Then I buy ALL of it for nothing!"

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X