• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What on earth is going on this week then? Logged into Kraken to find I've doubled in a week... Ripple up more like 400%. Shame I only put in a grand to test it now!
    They are baiting mugs to put more real money in, that’s what’s happening

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They are baiting mugs to put more real money in, that’s what’s happening
      https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b1842298.html

Price is going up 100000000000000000000000000000000000000%, so this is just noise.

EVERYONE WILL BE BILLIONAIRE'S!!!!!!
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What on earth is going on this week then? Logged into Kraken to find I've doubled in a week... Ripple up more like 400%. Shame I only put in a grand to test it now!
        I read a story some young guy at college chucked some money into the joke crypto Doge and then checked his account he's a millionaire.

Now the question is, sell now or wait until billionaire levels of wealth?

Comment

Something to consider with the cryptoverse.

How much "excess" money is there looking for a quick profit? Well, turns out, people aren't exactly hard up, especially in the USA due to all this free "stimulus" money.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/19/b...oom/index.html

Consumers have $5.4 trillion in excess savings. That could unleash a global spending boom

Some of that is going to end up in these crypto tulipcoins, and the profits made will be staggering on the up.

Comment

IRS Now Seeks Identities of American Cryptocurrency Traders

IRS wants to tax owners of cryptocurrency.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...rrency-traders

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              IRS Now Seeks Identities of American Cryptocurrency Traders

IRS wants to tax owners of cryptocurrency.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...rrency-traders
              Damn those tax peoples.

Comment

Getting those vibes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-25 at 19.57.15.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	4161338
                Attached Files
                ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Here's a question ... is there enough money to cover the 'value' of crypto coins? Or is their 'value' still tiny in the grand scheme of things?

I find it ironic that this new money is valued in dollars
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Here's a question ... is there enough money to cover the 'value' of crypto coins? Or is their 'value' still tiny in the grand scheme of things?

I find it ironic that this new money is valued in dollars
                    The current total market capitalization of crypto is over $2 trillion, of which bitcoin accounts for about half ($1 trillion).

If it was go up another 10-fold, it would equal US GDP ($20 trillion). If it went up 20-fold, it would equal the size of the entire US stock market ($40 trillion).

If it keeps sucking in more and more capital, Governments and central banks around the world may start to view it as a threat to the financial system.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

The current total market capitalization of crypto is over $2 trillion, of which bitcoin accounts for about half ($1 trillion).

If it was go up another 10-fold, it would equal US GDP ($20 trillion). If it went up 20-fold, it would equal the size of the entire US stock market ($40 trillion).

If it keeps sucking in more and more capital, Governments and central banks around the world may start to view it as a threat to the financial system.
                      Interesting. Thanks.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X