• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If only Scooties TA saw that coming
    He's watching. I bet he's into astrology too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      He's watching. I bet he's into astrology too.
      Numerology, that’s much worse

Comment

BTC to the moon. next stop 50k.
        all aboard the choo choo train

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If only Scooties TA saw that coming
          I forget, as he changed his mind as often as this Tory government ... did he recommend shorting Bitcoin?

Edit: just read back through. He didn't short but he sold at $12 as it was clearly over priced and heading back down to $9 as predicted by his crayon drawings.

He may have left the forum, but he's still providing entertainment to the masses
          Last edited by Whorty; 9 February 2021, 12:27.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            I forget, as he changed his mind as often as this Tory government ... did he recommend shorting Bitcoin?

Edit: just read back through. He didn't short but he sold at $12 as it was clearly over priced and heading back down to $9 as predicted by his crayon drawings.

He may have left the forum, but he's still providing entertainment to the masses
            That was the way I read his chart...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              That was the way I read his chart...
              He was holding it upside down.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                He was holding it upside down.
                To be fair, it was the right way up until he went into that room in the Heathrow Thistle.

Other excuses include "I told you to buy. But I meant in 3 years time. Why did you buy now"

Comment

His last words were:

"Buy by? Bye..."

Often misinterpreted as "buy, buy, buy!"

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Bitcoin investors: From buying a Bentley to losing it all - BBC News

We had a client whose Bitcoin wallet was fraudulently accessed and all the money was transferred out of it. He had intended to use it as a deposit on a house.

The man had been spooked by reports of fluctuations in the currency and decided to check his wallet. But he clicked on a fraudulent link, which led him to a phishing site, a complete clone of the real thing.

He had 84 bitcoins, and the fraudsters transferred 83 of them. At the time, in 2017, they were worth $475,000.

We tracked the payment on the blockchain [a kind of shared digital public ledger] - we could see it rolling across various wallets and finally it reached a wallet containing $15m of currency.

While the final identity of the fraudsters could not be identified, we were able to have the wallets frozen, so at least denying access to the stolen funds.

Our client was irate but philosophical. Today, that stolen Bitcoin would be worth £2.8m.

Once it's gone, it really has gone.

Comment

Yeh I had some crypto nicked off an exchange a few years ago....

Luckily only about £600 but it still pissed me off at the time. Yeh my fault for leaving it on the exchange and not enabling two-factor authentication....

I did track the blockchain to a VPN in germany. You could even see the money going into this one account that night. £1000s. I even reported it to fraud police for a laugh. They tracked it to russia then said "its gone".

Now I keep mine on a usb ledger thingy and not on an exchange at all....
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X