• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If history repeats itself BTC will not care about ETFs.

As the trade war heats up and the UK becomes a nation of Penny supermarkets investors will be looking for somewhere to stash that cash.

History's Not on the Market's Side in a Trade War

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ancial-markets
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lords MCC tulipcoin
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43993471

Shares in the land will be sold via tokens called Lordscoins, which will be traded via blockchain technology.
      But there is a catch.
      Although the MCC does not own the tunnels, or any development rights to the land on top, it does have a sub-lease on the top 18 inches of the land - which runs until 2137.
      And that makes property development impossible for another 119 years at the earliest.
      "It is obviously a long-term asset. But people's grandchildren can have extraordinary development opportunities right in the middle of St John's Wood," says Mr Sandelson.

What a load of old . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
        Lords MCC tulipcoin
        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43993471

Shares in the land will be sold via tokens called Lordscoins, which will be traded via blockchain technology.
        But there is a catch.
        Although the MCC does not own the tunnels, or any development rights to the land on top, it does have a sub-lease on the top 18 inches of the land - which runs until 2137.
        And that makes property development impossible for another 119 years at the earliest.
        "It is obviously a long-term asset. But people's grandchildren can have extraordinary development opportunities right in the middle of St John's Wood," says Mr Sandelson.

What a load of old . . . .
        Gower .. "I'm delighted that people from across the world will be able to join me and purchase their own piece of this historic and iconic ground."

With Gower shilling this, there could be some good pump and dump opportunity here; sure to be a healthy pre-mine though for Gower and co.
        I'm sure the MCC are very happy with the idea of multiple/constantly changing anonymous owners of parts of the Nursery Ground inside the Wellington Road wall (albeit it 18 inches under the top soil)

Comment

I'll hodl out for someone selling pieces of the moon via MoonCoin.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            I'll hodl out for someone selling pieces of the moon via MoonCoin.
            Not a bad plan B !

If UET (Useless Ethereum Token) can take in $111844 via crowdfunding, why not MoonCoin ?

https://uetoken.com/

"The world's first 100% honest Ethereum ICO.
            You're going to give some random person on the internet money, and they're going to take it and go buy stuff with it. Probably electronics, to be honest. Maybe even a big-screen television.
            Seriously, don't buy these tokens.
            The UET ICO transparently offers investors no value, so there will be no expectation of gains.
            I learned all about Ethereum smart contracts and Solidity over a weekend so I could launch this ICO. Most of the smart contract contract code is copied from GitHub and Stack Overflow posts, so it should be pretty much right… right?
            Also, I definitely didn't have any smart contract experts look at the contract before I launched it. I mean, why bother? All the other ICOs go through weeks of auditing and they still end up with bugs and vulnerabilities in their contracts.
            Unlike with every other token sale on the market, I can guarantee here and now that the value of UET will not (in fact, can not) reduce during or after the ICO. Since these tokens aren't worth anything to start with, there's nowhere to go but up!

Crowdsale Statistics
            Ether contributed: 310.445
            Contributions in USD: $111844
            Tokens issued: 3965716.097
            "

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Latest SEC decision on a bitcoin ETF been delayed to end of September. Others delayed since January, continually being pushed back.

It's like they are teasing the investors to pile in due to anticipation, then cause a sell off when they stick their tongue out and say they'll have to wait. I'm sure none of the SEC decision makers have any vested interests to pump and dump it like that.

Hope the price of bitcoin does retract towards this year's low. Each time it does that I add another bag onto the train to the moon. I can hodl as long as it takes. :
              There are still algorithm targets down at about 3300.
              Just because they're there it doesn't mean they'll fill but...
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                Not a bad plan B !

If UET (Useless Ethereum Token) can take in $111844 via crowdfunding, why not MoonCoin ?
                Someone's already come up with MoonCoin but it's just another generic offering and likely a piss take (like DogeCoin started out ). They haven't thought of the land selling of the actual Moon.

Current rank 1043. I don't need to check it on that doiownatulipcoin site, pretty sure it is.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

ICE in November will hold a BTC futures platform. Very bullish compared with CME, the reason being ICE have to hold BTC to satisfy the contracts, CME don't as it's cash only. Give a thought to this one, they'll be buying up 100's and 1000's of BTC to make it work.

Think about the events that are coming in the months ahead.

1) Custodian for BTC has been identified, setup now in progress.

2) CME futures trading

3) Pension funds using the first BTC ETF

No. 1 is the most important of all of these. There's a lot of bullishness in the coming months I fret that cashing out at the end of 2018 (as I said at the beginning of this thread) will be shortsighted.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    ICE in November will hold a BTC futures platform. Very bullish compared with CME, the reason being ICE have to hold BTC to satisfy the contracts, CME don't as it's cash only. Give a thought to this one, they'll be buying up 100's and 1000's of BTC to make it work.

Think about the events that are coming in the months ahead.

1) Custodian for BTC has been identified, setup now in progress.

2) CME futures trading

3) Pension funds using the first BTC ETF

No. 1 is the most important of all of these. There's a lot of bullishness in the coming months I fret that cashing out at the end of 2018 (as I said at the beginning of this thread) will be shortsighted.
                    It looks like a lot of what we expected/thought is pushing back in time. That's fair enough I guess...we underestimated the size and length of the retracement so that's a lesson learned.
                    The only real thing I do not understand about this year so far (even with retrospect) is the lack of impact that Consensus had. I mean..literally none. Why?
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      ...There's a lot of bullishness in the coming months ...
                      That's one way of putting it. Bullshine may be another. Though like you've said in the past, "buy the rumour" and hodl on for the upswing in demand that will inevitably come with all these things being worked on for BTC investments.

Any alts trying to achieve similar to bitcoin by appealing to investors via ETFs or futures or will bitcoin remain the king in that regard?

Comment

Working...
                      X