• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    it's been a bloodbath in $ terms those past 48 hrs yet somehow my BTC total has grow by another 16 BTC's -
    You must have some solid alts
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

it's been a bloodbath in $ terms those past 48 hrs yet somehow my BTC total has grow by another 16 BTC's -
      Wow that's incredible. Which alts outperformed?

I feel so damn poor My 0.129 BTC is half the value it was last week
      Last edited by ChimpMaster; 2 February 2018, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        You must have some solid alts
        I daren't even log into Bittrex to see what my BTC total is. Was 1.6 at the start of the year. About 1 now I reckon
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

In total my ALTs are up 3% against BTC since yesterday. I was down until lunchtime. DASH, CND, XVG, ZEN. If there's a similar dip tomorrow morning, I may well buy into it.

Not worried about $ at the moment and it's good fun.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

ZEC and NEO are the best ones for me ATM. Went all in crypto yesterday after deciding not to try and time the crash/recovery - would have been better to have done it today but who knows - might have been better to do it this next week.

In other news the stock and bond markets are looking a bit wobbly - not sure what implications this will have for crypto but if there is a big stock/bond crash and recession things could get interesting.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Wow that's incredible. Which alts outperformed?

I feel so damn poor My 0.129 BTC is half the value it was last week
              Nothing we don't already know, WINGS mostly and others we know about that are traded with $ as well as BTC, resulting in a 10-15% increase. You often find those coins traded with Dollars, other than BTC alone, hold their value better during these pullbacks. When a coin begins to follow dollar value more so than BTC value, you BTC portfolio increases easily, which is what I'm seeing.

Take note... it's not all sunshine, even though BTC number has increased, at this end of scale I'm seeing swings of several $100k, down $400k since last week.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 2 February 2018, 16:40.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Nano is supposed to have been listed on Binance today but it doesn't seem to have started trading yet.
                Anyone got any thoughts on that one. Seems cheap as chips at the moment...225 sats
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  Nano is supposed to have been listed on Binance today but it doesn't seem to have started trading yet.
                  Anyone got any thoughts on that one. Seems cheap as chips at the moment...225 sats
                  Is Binance not under investigation?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

not that I have heard of. There was stuff in the news and on Reddit back in September that the Chinese were possibly investigating it but haven't heard anything since then

Comment

Is Binance not under investigation?
                      You're thinking of Bitfinex?

Comment

Working...
                      X