• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the news that Bitfinex have separated ways with their auditors over their Tester token and that it's all potentially a scam in that they don't have the USD to underwrite their position. Some reports saying it could crash crypto and bitcoin itself by 80%.

Surely it would mean a flight from the potentially dodgy alts to the more fundamentally safer cryptos such as bitcoin? Which others could be added to a list of safe havens as more and more of the scam coins or dodgy exchanges come undone?

So rather than a crash of bitcoin it could cause a surge in price.

As usually, one extreme or the other. So likely it's all media bollox and nowt happens.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Connect four.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        So the news that Bitfinex have separated ways with their auditors over their Tester token and that it's all potentially a scam in that they don't have the USD to underwrite their position. Some reports saying it could crash crypto and bitcoin itself by 80%.

Surely it would mean a flight from the potentially dodgy alts to the more fundamentally safer cryptos such as bitcoin? Which others could be added to a list of safe havens as more and more of the scam coins or dodgy exchanges come undone?

So rather than a crash of bitcoin it could cause a surge in price.

As usually, one extreme or the other. So likely it's all media bollox and nowt happens.
        Just today's bad news. Seems to be a glut of it at the moment. Anyone would think that prices were trying to be depressed by (possibly) fake news...
        I get the free daily letter from PBRG and in today's letter Teeka Tiwari states that Q2 this year is when the big money investments come into the market...possibly as early as 2/4/18.
        If you just read the letter and take it at face value then it looks like a scam but...given Scooter's information and the performance of his portfolio based on some of that info it does seem to be worth taking into consideration. He does say he has 3 ALTs that he thinks will far outperform BTC as well...Scooter...If you're reading this do you know what they are?
        So I'm HODLing still and desperately trying to avoid day trading (successfully so far)
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          Just today's bad news. Seems to be a glut of it at the moment. Anyone would think that prices were trying to be depressed by (possibly) fake news...
          I get the free daily letter from PBRG and in today's letter Teeka Tiwari states that Q2 this year is when the big money investments come into the market...possibly as early as 2/4/18.
          If you just read the letter and take it at face value then it looks like a scam but...given Scooter's information and the performance of his portfolio based on some of that info it does seem to be worth taking into consideration. He does say he has 3 ALTs that he thinks will far outperform BTC as well...Scooter...If you're reading this do you know what they are?
          So I'm HODLing still and desperately trying to avoid day trading (successfully so far)
          Fake news? Get your head out of the sand. An auditor leaving basically implies Tether didn't like what they found - please do tell another more likely scenario?

Randomness and HODLing beats any poster in this thread: https://cryptoroulette.info

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Fake news? Get your head out of the sand. An auditor leaving basically implies Tether didn't like what they found - please do tell another more likely scenario?

Randomness and HODLing beats any poster in this thread: https://cryptoroulette.info
            Could have sworn I said 'possibly'...
            (decided to not include the rest of the rant I originally typed...need to pass it to Trump to moderate before I post anything like that...wouldn't want to offend anyone by getting overly aggressive for no reason...)
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

He recommends a number of alts, Dash being one of them. Don't cry if it hits $10k by the year's end. There's some important use cases being proposed and I suspect Dash will become a common name.

Cindicator CND - he sent a video the other night to members, should be $5 already. Trading at $0.23c at the minute. CND has a use case and is being used in the real world at the moment. Only a matter of time before hedge funds etc are using it.

He talks a lot about Gas.

"Gas (GAS), All of the projects coming to the NEO have one thing in common: They’re going to need GAS to operate on the platform. That’s why on January 5, we raised the buy-up-to price to $45. Action to Take: Buy Gas (GAS) up to $45."

Got a plane to catch in 90 minutes. Up in the Alps skiing at the weekend and now off to rainy Bristol! What a crash to earth that is.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Cindicator CND - he sent a video the other night to members, should be $5 already. Trading at $0.23c at the minute. CND has a use case and is being used in the real world at the moment. Only a matter of time before hedge funds etc are using it.
                Does he elaborate on why it isn't already $5?
                Not at Bristol this week but next time you're there let me know

Comment

I cannot believe I am recommending this.. But day traders you may want to look into Garlicoin (GRLC) - It's only available to trade on Satoshi; it's a meme coin which has been generating so much hype it's unbelievable. I mined it for 10 hours and extracted around 19 dollars worth. That's nearly double the value of what I can mine in Eth. Value peaked the other day at 4 dollars and the lowest it's been is 80 cents a coin. Definitely some money to be made if you're good at that sort of thing. I'm not, so I'm just mining it, coverting to LTC and then shoving that over to Coinbase.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                    I cannot believe I am recommending this.. But day traders you may want to look into Garlicoin (GRLC) - It's only available to trade on Satoshi; it's a meme coin which has been generating so much hype it's unbelievable. I mined it for 10 hours and extracted around 19 dollars worth. That's nearly double the value of what I can mine in Eth. Value peaked the other day at 4 dollars and the lowest it's been is 80 cents a coin. Definitely some money to be made if you're good at that sort of thing. I'm not, so I'm just mining it, coverting to LTC and then shoving that over to Coinbase.
                    All this mining and garlic...are you a crypto-vampire?

Comment

All this mining and garlic...are you a crypto-vampire?
                      Hah! Just trying to ROI my rig as quickly as possible mate Vampiric tendencies aside! 4 more cards coming this week - what have I done?!

Comment

Working...
                      X