• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of red again today.
    For once I managed to make something of it though...albeit not how i expected. i sold about half my coins yesterday expecting BTC to crash. It didn't and I bought back for just less than the sell price (so lost a little on fees) but everything is way cheaper this morning so about 15% up on that half. That rarely happens to me so I'm very pleased
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
      But if the BTC bull run is as strong as December, alts will wait.
      Alts gets pulled up by dollar value when BTC runs, but I ignore this for the most part, because their Satoshi value is what is important (unless a dollar pair).

All I do is accumulate coins and completely ignore the dollar value. Everyone sees red on https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ but switch it to BTC instead of USD for a different picture.

If a alt is oversold it stands out like a sore thumb when BTC runs. And vice versa, in a BTC bear market you see coins flow the other way. Look at Zencash last night, Satoshi value pushed up and more waiting to go in during BTC depression.

Only managed to sell one coin last night waiting to buy back in.. but this is the game. Gather as many coins as you can. You're going to sell them at the end of this year for a high bitcoin value.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 10 January 2018, 08:49.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Big ass head and shoulders on Ripple. Will be interesting to see how far it falls. Get ready to buy in for the return trip back up, it'll surely bounce.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Had a read of this: trading bitcoin 2018

In 2017, 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) acted as critical support... this level was breached only four times.
          Looks like it went below the 50MA again today ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
            Had a read of this: trading bitcoin 2018

Looks like it went below the 50MA again today ?!

It has...but it seems less important now than it used to be. Been under that limit a number of times in the last month
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Alts gets pulled up by dollar value when BTC runs, but I ignore this for the most part, because their Satoshi value is what is important (unless a dollar pair).

All I do is accumulate coins and completely ignore the dollar value. Everyone sees red on https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ but switch it to BTC instead of USD for a different picture.

If a alt is oversold it stands out like a sore thumb when BTC runs. And vice versa, in a BTC bear market you see coins flow the other way. Look at Zencash last night, Satoshi value pushed up and more waiting to go in during BTC depression.

Only managed to sell one coin last night waiting to buy back in.. but this is the game. Gather as many coins as you can. You're going to sell them at the end of this year for a high bitcoin value.
              So your strategy is to continuously trade out of alt and into BTC when your alt to BTC exchange rate is good for alt. And over time you accrue bitcoin and lose alt. At the end of your trading you hope to have no alt and all BTC (otherwise your strategy makes no sense).

Behind your strat is the belief that bitcoin will accrue fiat value over your trading period.

Have I missed something?

Comment

VIBE/BTC got listed on binance this morning
                That's where to make some big bucks...the price always rockets in the first 30 mins. Normally by about 10-20x and then drops way back down. Get the timing right and you're very nicely off

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I think i'm missing something here - is there an option to view all by BTC? I can only see Fiat currencies.
                  https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                    I think i'm missing something here - is there an option to view all by BTC? I can only see Fiat currencies.
                    The blue drop down above the market cap column can be changed to BTC

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                      There's a drop down. just above the table

Comment

Working...
                      X