• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a buy set at 11500 just in case but will monitor as it happens...IF it happens
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Bitcoin £1000 -> £3400
      £1000 invested in BTC (and hodled) when Dimon made the 12 September 2017 "fraud comments" would today be worth £3400, a very acceptable 300% gain.

JPMorgan £1000 -> £1250
      Dimon's highest performing fund "JPMorgan Japan (Yen) (acc) - RMB (hedged)" has returned 25% over the same period. Management fees not included.

Comment

What's with the ETH bull? if that continues surely we'll see the flippening of BTC this year.

Never liked Bitcoin anyway since missing out on the 2 million % growth.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          I have a buy set at 11500 just in case but will monitor as it happens...IF it happens
          Could - wouldn't surprise me if it kept bouncing around sideways for a while in a long, boring, drawn out corrective phase/range. There would still be opportunities to buy near the lows (around 12600ish) and sell at the higher end (around 16000ish-17200ish) with lots of chop in between. A significant break of either of these areas in either direction would be nice (preferably up not down).

I'm concerned about the TX cost and network congestion issues though. Also the Wall St./futures influence and Blockstream which has apparently taken over BTC core:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@adambal...llow-the-money

BTC could be dying a death...

https://medium.com/@curt0/when-peopl...s-5309e53bea14

When people talk about Blockstream, Bilderberg or wanting small blocks to sell off-chain products, a common rebuttal is that this is “conspiracy theory”.

However, there is no accusaction of conspiracy. We are not claiming that Blockstream is conspiring with anyone.

Everything stated were facts or likely outcomes:

Fact:

> Small blocks, high fees and slow confirmations create demand for off-chain solutions, such as Liquid.

Fact:

> Blockstream sells Liquid to exchanges to move Bitcoin quickly on a side-chain.

Likely outcome:

> LN will create liquidity hubs, such as exchanges, which will generate traffic and fees for exchanges.

Fact:

> With this, exchanges will have a higher need for Liquid.

Likely outcome:

> This will be the main way that Blockstream will generate revenue for its investors, who invested $76 million. Otherwise, they can go bankrupt and die.

Fact:

> One of Blockstream’s investors/owners is AXA. AXA’s CEO and Chairman until 2016 was also the Chairman of Bilderberg Group.

Fact:

> The Bilderberg Group is run by bankers and politicians (former prime ministers and nation leaders).

Fact:

> According to GlobalResearch, Bilderberg Group wants “a One World Government (World Company) with a single, global marketplace…and financially regulated by one ‘World (Central) Bank’ using one global currency.”

Likely outcome:

> LN helps Bilderberg Group get one step closer to its goal.

No conspiracy.

Are Blockstream’s actions logical? Yes. Are they in the users’ best interest? No.
          Last edited by Jog On; 9 January 2018, 15:05.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

BTC could be dying a death...
            That's a lot of capital which will get distributed elsewhere hopefully

Comment

Okay I've studied a number of charts over the last hour, you know something, I see a flag pattern.

That being said, there's no way this goes under $10k, perhaps $13.5k, and below that then the flag pattern is broken.

If it is a flag pattern we're gong to see a significant upward trend in the coming weeks.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Okay I've studied a number of charts over the last hour, you know something, I see a flag pattern.

That being said, there's no way this goes under $10k, perhaps $13.5k, and below that then the flag pattern is broken.

If it is a flag pattern we're gong to see a significant upward trend in the coming weeks.

If th eflag plays out then it should hit back to 20k again.
                Looks like it's very close to breaking the resistance...hope not...want 13k first
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  If th eflag plays out then it should hit back to 20k again.
                  Looks like it's very close to breaking the resistance...hope not...want 13k first
                  Forget $20k, if a flag then it'll run to $30k
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

U know PositiveMoney, they and Blockchain decentralization have the same cause. Blockchain lets us achieve the goal because in-built has a way of incentivizing people - namely: the raising price of truly useful tokens.

Regarding price it is bearish at the moment and the word is to hold few coins those that deem useful. I.e Bitcoin is kinda slow and losing a bit to competition but still a strong king.

I finally gave in to XRP ... and the thing sinks. Should know better.
                    Last edited by ronkeen; 9 January 2018, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Will see how far it drops, doubt more than 50%, would be surprised if we saw 6-7k again. If we do it'll cause bull run funtastic.

So when BTC corrects big time make sure you gain as many BTC's as possible by accumulating alt-coins, buy low sell high.
                      But if the BTC bull run is as strong as December, alts will wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X