• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
    What are the actual uses of cryptocurrencies so far? All I can find is paying for illegal goods, and some cafe in California accepts them.

John McAfee @officialmcafee Jan 7 2018
    "I use cryotocurrencies where possible. I found food, entertainment, clothing, homes, and sex for hire services, But my first car purchase using Cryptocurrency was a Bentley Azure purchased from Cape Cars Auto Group Llc 573-275-9663. Great people. Great service."

Comment

Got a reply from my accountant on the tax situation (he'd been away so that's why it took a while):
      "There have been conflicting rules but I think HMRC main stance is that where a clear investment has been made, any gain made is taxable under CGT.
      Basically, if there has been an investment of funds and then a later withdrawal of profits, these would be taxable."

I do consider him to be conservative in nature so take the advice as you will.
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bish View Post
        Binance is accepting registrations again if anyone is feeling flush:

https://www.binance.com/?ref=15372888
        Nope they're not. Unless they're enabling new registrations now and again to restrict the inflow. Currently seeing same message as before instead of the registration form.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Nope they're not. Unless they're enabling new registrations now and again to restrict the inflow. Currently seeing same message as before instead of the registration form.
          Are you still trying to sign up to something.

Poloniex is still open. I'd guess verifications will be a problem but it's a $2000 daily withdrawal limit for unverified.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            They are, my colleague just signed up. Make sure you DONT use internet explorer as its not compatible.

Comment

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-bitcoin-fraud

Jamie Dimon: "I Regret Calling Bitcoin A Fraud"
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by bish View Post
                They are, my colleague just signed up. Make sure you DONT use internet explorer as its not compatible.

Using Chrome, and it displays the registration dialog for a split second then the 'Registrations Pause - Fellow binancians, sorry we are crap' message.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

For those who can do something about it (or care)...it looks like BTC is about to drop. End of a head and shoulders formed
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    Are you still trying to sign up to something.

Poloniex is still open. I'd guess verifications will be a problem but it's a $2000 daily withdrawal limit for unverified.
                    Says on registration page that profile verification may take up to several weeks due to the demand, and says identity verification required before can start trading. Presume they're the same thing.

Similar story to the other USA based exchanges, where they're accepting new registrations such as Coinbase. Need verified ID to operate in USA due to regulations.

Edit: Looking at the feedback on the Reddit subforum for Poloniex I'm not sure I'm that bothered about joining them anyway. Sounds like just another amateur tulipexchange. I think I'll wait for something a bit more professional to come along, like FairX via IBM. I know I may be in for a bit of a wait.
                    Last edited by Hobosapien; 9 January 2018, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      For those who can do something about it (or care)...it looks like BTC is about to drop. End of a head and shoulders formed

Will see how far it drops, doubt more than 50%, would be surprised if we saw 6-7k again. If we do it'll cause bull run funtastic.

So when BTC corrects big time make sure you gain as many BTC's as possible by accumulating alt-coins, buy low sell high.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X