• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Hopefully if the news/rumours are true about FairX, i.e. backed by IBM and looking to offer a better exchange solution than the crud currently in play, that the marketplace will get the inevitable shake up as it matures in 2018.

If things were easier for Joe Public to use then the rises seen so far would be sofa change if every one wanting to 'get rich quick' was able to participate a lot easier than at present.

So will be interesting to see which offerings come good on their promises in 2018 and which are shown to be in it for the quick buck through smoke and mirrors. For sure there will be some good mid/long term investments still to be made if researched and an eye kept open for.

Any other potential game changers on the near horizon in the maturing marketplace?
    Thats it - I think the biggest problem in the uk at least is ease of buying etc. Even buying bitcoin is still a bit fiddly.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Sign up with Coinbase/GDAX. Then buy some of the established coins like ETH, Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin and a bit of Bitcoin. Get a hardware wallet (Ledger nano S) and just hodl them for a year and see what happens.

That's what I would do if I was starting now. Most of my crypto (75%) is on a Nano wallet in Stellar/Ripple/Litecoin/Dash/Bitcoin cash. The bittrex/alt stuff is fun but you can probably do very well just hodling some majors - or just buy BTC and ETH and leave it. There is a lot of growth in Stellar and Ripple though - they are looking like serious contenders.
      Vote here for ledger nano wallet. pretty good.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
        Interesting, where did you hear that?
        https://blog.sia.tech/reminder-upcom...k-e0ffcde9ebcc
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
          I see Bittrex aren't accepting new registrations
          really?

Start keeping you money on cold wallets -

closed my Coinbase account recently, people were driving me nuts.

Rumour mill doing the works ETC might be added to Coinbase, which will no doubt drive the price up.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            really?

Start keeping you money on cold wallets -

closed my Coinbase account recently, people were driving me nuts.

Rumour mill doing the works ETC might be added to Coinbase, which will no doubt drive the price up.
            A work colleague has just signed up to Kraken and the Get Verified page is also saying Feature Disabled.

Comment

So Stellar.... has gone interstellar.

Honestly people if you're holding this coin it might be time to take profits and unload your position. 2600% in 8 weeks is insane.

I've been here before at the end of July and nothing but regret for not shorting/selling.

It's time to sell.

Comment

Honestly people if you're holding this coin it might be time to take profits and unload your position. 2600% in 8 weeks is insane.

I've been here before at the end of July and nothing but regret for not shorting/selling.

It's time to sell.
                Sold off 1/3 of my holding and bought ETC with it. XLM still looks like it might bounce off the support line in the next 30 mins so watching it until then. We're now at the level of the cup and handle I mentioned a few weeks ago. Got there way too early but the right level...maybe even just above
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Anyone got LTDco funds in crypto? Iput in £500 a couple of months back sitting in Dash at just over £1k now. Thinking of doing some more (disposable profit of course!)
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's time to sell.
                    I would agree with you. But sometimes things happen, like they did with XRP which went up 37,000% in 2017. Though I defy anyone to have held on that long, else their nerves would be fried!

I am gutted I missed out on XLM, but I also know I would not have held on that long. Too much of a trader in/out mentality for me.

Am looking to get back into TRX again if it falls near 400 SATS again. There are some really positive vibes going around with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Anyone got LTDco funds in crypto? Iput in £500 a couple of months back sitting in Dash at just over £1k now. Thinking of doing some more (disposable profit of course!)
                      I wish. I've finally got all my debts down now and building a new warchest so while I would love to do it I can't risk the money
                      Was only saying to my wife the other day I was originally planning on 10k into my starting fund but couldn't really justify more than 2k (even to myself) as we are saving for a new house. Wish I had now but it could have all gone badly wrong.
                      As it stands my 2k is now about 15k so I'm happy anyway
                      EDIT:
                      Another 4k and I take out the original stake house money only
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X