• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Well, I had high hopes for zencash. Being part of it and building your own secure node. Honestly, don't bother - this is never going to work.

The documentation page they've got up for their test network, looks like its been written by a 12 year old. In all honesty, its just appalling. Full of mistakes and just won't work.

Surely, if you want people to join, get things up and running, you need to produce documentation that allows users to do things. Pretty much looks like this one guy wrote the doc in one pass - you can see towards the end he gets a bit bored.

Wasted way too much time and I've given up now. Its all installed on linux (and I've got years of experience). I just can't be arsed wading through half arsed incorrect instructions any more.

So only people who are going to be able to ever join as a secure node are those with linux experience and have nothing better to do than wade through tulipe to get it working.....

Can you prepare a new set of instructions?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Multiple people on tradeview are suggesting a possible reversal very soon. Hopefully they're wrong
      $0.14 yesterday, $0.11 today

Keeping the dollars out for the time being.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        $0.14 yesterday, $0.11 today

Keeping the dollars out for the time being.
        Just been looking through the $ price for all the coins that can be traded in $ on bittrex. It's amazing...they're all showing almost exactly the same pattern as bitcoin...looking like it might double bottom on all of them. No where I can see a trade building up this morning for $ yet though
        Isn't it today that the futures market on BTC is announced? Sure I saw that somewhere
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          If that's your only issue with it, why don't you contribute and improve the documentation.
          I hear zcash may be having problems with privacy. This might cause people to look elsewhere.

It's only a matter of of time before Zencash is realised and trading for several hundreds of dollars. At that time your secure nodes will be generating a hefty income.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            Isn't it today that the futures market on BTC is announced? Sure I saw that somewhere
            Yes. In Chicago. I don't know why people are expecting the price to rise further after reaching a ATH.

Comment

decided to watch omg. If it breaks 8USD then it looks like a double bottom and there might be something decent to be made. Current ask is 7.94
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

So only people who are going to be able to ever join as a secure node are those with linux experience and have nothing better to do than wade through tulipe to get it working.....
                You’ve just described the open source community.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Absolute sea of red this morning. What’s happened in the last 12/24 hours, everything died..

Comment

One word...Bitcoin

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I hear zcash may be having problems with privacy. This might cause people to look elsewhere.

It's only a matter of of time before Zencash is realised and trading for several hundreds of dollars. At that time your secure nodes will be generating a hefty income.
                      Really hope that happens, been holding zencash for a while now, got to 50% up then struggled. Was very tempted to take 30% and look at other options

Comment

Working...
                      X