• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DASH just hit the USD buy price recommended by DLavrov on tradingview. It was just a peep at it though but one worth watching today
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Here's something interesting, bullish bat has reappeared after the most recent Stellar pump. There's a beautiful symmetry to all this.. it gives me confidence that I could remain out of Stellar until I see a little more collapse in bitcoin price before I buy back in with dollars.

I know there's news coming out on Monday for Stellar, there's an expectation of a pump. Very difficult to not want to buy in. Nevertheless rumour tends to see more pump than news.

Last edited by scooterscot; 9 December 2017, 10:52.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My ETH buy at $420 is looking pretty good right now. $515 right now, just dont have the balls to sell and wait for the drop, chased it like that on BTC and lost out more than once!

Comment

But you are killing the planet!

Bitcoin mining 'is causing electricity blackouts' | Daily Mail Online

Bitcoin mining 'is using so much energy that it is causing electricity blackouts' amid fears it will consume more power than the world by 2020
          Experts say Bitcoin mining is consuming more power than used by 159 countries
          The hardware uses approximately 31 terrawatt hours of energy per year
          That compares with 23TWh in Ireland and 309TWh for the whole of the UK
          It is creating a 'colossal' carbon footprint as the value of one coin surges to more than £12,000 amid violent swings in the cryptocurrency market
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Here's something interesting, bullish bat has reappeared after the most recent Stellar pump. There's a beautiful symmetry to all this.. it gives me confidence that I could remain out of Stellar until I see a little more collapse in bitcoin price before I buy back in with dollars.

I know there's news coming out on Monday for Stellar, there's an expectation of a pump. Very difficult to not want to buy in. Nevertheless rumour tends to see more pump than news.

Looking at the rise of XLM over the last few hours ...is this part of the pattern you've seen?
            Makes me twitchy seeing that as I really want to be back into stellar quite soon
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
              My ETH buy at $420 is looking pretty good right now. $515 right now, just dont have the balls to sell and wait for the drop, chased it like that on BTC and lost out more than once!
              Hope you got out as it's fairly down on that now. It's produced a very strange pattern...not one I've seen before

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                Looking at the rise of XLM over the last few hours ...is this part of the pattern you've seen?
                Makes me twitchy seeing that as I really want to be back into stellar quite soon
                The rise is indicative of a bullish bat, however, I would not expect to see a pump like we've just seen so close to the last. I think we'll see a little appreciation before Monday's news and then some retracement, which is the point I hope to buy back in with a bitcoin whose price has corrected.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

zencash

Well, I had high hopes for zencash. Being part of it and building your own secure node. Honestly, don't bother - this is never going to work.

The documentation page they've got up for their test network, looks like its been written by a 12 year old. In all honesty, its just appalling. Full of mistakes and just won't work.

Surely, if you want people to join, get things up and running, you need to produce documentation that allows users to do things. Pretty much looks like this one guy wrote the doc in one pass - you can see towards the end he gets a bit bored.

Wasted way too much time and I've given up now. Its all installed on linux (and I've got years of experience). I just can't be arsed wading through half arsed incorrect instructions any more.

So only people who are going to be able to ever join as a secure node are those with linux experience and have nothing better to do than wade through tulipe to get it working.....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The rise is indicative of a bullish bat, however, I would not expect to see a pump like we've just seen so close to the last. I think we'll see a little appreciation before Monday's news and then some retracement, which is the point I hope to buy back in with a bitcoin whose price has corrected.
                    Multiple people on tradeview are suggesting a possible reversal very soon. Hopefully they're wrong

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Well, I had high hopes for zencash. Being part of it and building your own secure node. Honestly, don't bother - this is never going to work.

The documentation page they've got up for their test network, looks like its been written by a 12 year old. In all honesty, its just appalling. Full of mistakes and just won't work.

Surely, if you want people to join, get things up and running, you need to produce documentation that allows users to do things. Pretty much looks like this one guy wrote the doc in one pass - you can see towards the end he gets a bit bored.

Wasted way too much time and I've given up now. Its all installed on linux (and I've got years of experience). I just can't be arsed wading through half arsed incorrect instructions any more.

So only people who are going to be able to ever join as a secure node are those with linux experience and have nothing better to do than wade through tulipe to get it working.....
                      If that's your only issue with it, why don't you contribute and improve the documentation.

Comment

Working...
                      X