• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    Thanks, Scoots. I currently have 3/4 of my stash in XLM
    probably 50% here
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      when/what price? Why? So many questions
      I too would like to know

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
        It is silly. A few days ago it was $1400 now it is $1800... If I was playing with £10k I would now have just under £5k in profit. I imagine this is why all other currencies are going down at the moment, BTC going up too fast. Will hit the $2k mark in no time.
        In may^^^

You'd have a cool 6 figure sum if you put 10k in then drei

Comment

Recently read a news where JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon thinks that Bitcoin might not end up well but on the other hand, one of his top strategists claim that bitcoin futures could turn cryptocurrencies into an emerging asset class. Wonder if indeed cryptocurrencies become the future, how everything will work since we are so used to paper money.

Comment

I'm seeing a double top on bitcoin forming. A correction to $8k is looking more and more likely, IMO.

Regarding future value of bitcoin - $25k in the first quarter 2018 is my prediction.

This is interesting: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...er_idea_update
            Last edited by scooterscot; 2 December 2017, 12:45.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Be interesting to see where cryptocurrencies go. Had the chimney sweep round earlier talking bitcoin to me...
              Last edited by Spoiler; 2 December 2017, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                Jaxx can hold multiple coins.

DYOR of course.
                https://cointelegraph.com/news/jaxx-...k-funds-thefts

A researcher from Vx Labs highlighted the problem Friday, saying they had “successfully” tested the vulnerability and seen that it worked.

“Even when your Jaxx has a security PIN configured, anyone with 20 seconds of (network) access to your PC can extract your 12 word backup phrase and copy it down,” the report reveals. “Jaxx does not have to be running for this to happen.”
                Nonetheless, Nilang Vyas, CTO of Jaxx & Decentral, said on Reddit there were no plans to alter the wallet’s security setup.

“We are very comfortable with this security model for hotwallets,” he wrote.

“The fact is there will always be tradeoffs between user experience, portability and security and we believe we’ve struck a great balance.”

Vx meanwhile “strongly recommended” users “avoid” Jaxx in future.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by JHadd View Post
                  one of his top strategists claim that bitcoin futures could turn cryptocurrencies into an emerging asset class.
                  Quiet.

New asset class, which got exactly no assets behind them.

Pigs could fly too.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Quiet.

New asset class, which got exactly no assets behind them.

Pigs could fly too.
                    PIIGS

FTFY
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                      Be interesting to see where cryptocurrencies go. Had the chimney sweep round earlier taking bitcoin to me...
                      fireplace or wood-burner? Got me wood burner on, schee outside, just luvly

For currency transfers, micro-payments, the un-banked - it'll find it's place with FIAT is just too expensive.
                      Don't think blockchain will be limited to currency, however. There's a number of blockchains that'll transform how the internet is used. Internet Mk II if you will. From cloud storage across distributed computers to folks renting out their spare processing time for cloud processing.. endless possibilities. Blockchain is going to bring individuals across the globe new opportunities without middlemen. Governments hate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X