• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    But they'll be going after the exchange customers, not the Corps.....same as it ever was.

And you're trading/buying crypto over an exchange, all they'll have to do is follow the footsteps in the snow. I've always thought it somewhat naive to think this technology is a foolproof way to avoid government, the State always wins.
    If that is someones aim, they're unlikely to use an exchange. Unless there are ones out there that don't do any ID/KYC checks.

I don't think that's anyone here. We're just looking to make some easy money for now. If we have to pay some tax on that, ok, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Emc2...5 4 3 2 1 ......
      Watching that one too! Waiting till 47 sats....
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
        But they'll be going after the exchange customers, not the Corps.....same as it ever was.

And you're trading/buying crypto over an exchange, all they'll have to do is follow the footsteps in the snow. I've always thought it somewhat naive to think this technology is a foolproof way to avoid government, the State always wins.
        peer-2-peer like bitsq is an exchange without middlemen as is bitshares.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          Emc2...5 4 3 2 1 ......
          Is that your 45BTC buy wall?

Comment

Never heard of cardano before it rocketed yesterday. Just watching this at the moment:

https://www.cardanohub.org/en/what-is-cardano/

Really interesting. This has the potential to blow ETH and all the others out the water.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Is that your 45BTC buy wall?
              Yep...that's my 0.45BTC buy wall
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Stellar is creeping slowly back up. There seems to be a support line at about 760 which has been heavily bounced off a couple of times now. Looking to sell at 850 if that happens again and then buy back at 780ish...let's see
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

'Tis the season for 'ard forks (aka git clone 'n tweek):

Dec 15th: Super Bitcoin
                  Dec 23rd: Bitcoin Platinum
                  Dec 31st: Bitcoin Uranium
                  Jan 2nd: Bitcoin Cash Plus

and more on the way including 'Bitcoin Silver' & 'Bitcoin Diamond' ..

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                    'Tis the season for 'ard forks (aka git clone 'n tweek):

Dec 15th: Super Bitcoin
                    Dec 23rd: Bitcoin Platinum
                    Dec 31st: Bitcoin Uranium
                    Jan 2nd: Bitcoin Cash Plus

and more on the way including 'Bitcoin Silver' & 'Bitcoin Diamond' ..
                    The hard fork is something I don't yet understand...is it good or bad to be in when it happens...do you get free coins if you hold something that is forking?

Comment

well, cat is out of the bag now so whats the use.

I bought 100k coin of EMC2 first week in November and filed it under my hail-mary portfolio. It has done absolutely nothing really since 2014.

I got lucky and they announced the hard-fork (for a coin burn) and it absolutely skied. I am all for hard-forks if it involves a coin burn.

Lets see what happens on 19th December, the rumour is that it might be a tie up with an Ivy League Uni.

Comment

Working...
                      X