• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/us-s...al-currencies/

The govts and bankers aren't going to let people get away with having any kind of freedom away from FIAT currency...

Depends if they got in on the ground floor and want to pump it before they dump it, then bring in legislation so they can short it on the way down.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

When 'Satoshi' wrote these C++ lines he couldn't of dreamt ....

static CBlock CreateGenesisBlock(uint32_t nTime, uint32_t nNonce, uint32_t nBits, int32_t nVersion, const CAmount& genes
      isReward)
      {
      const char* pszTimestamp = "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks";
      const CScript genesisOutputScript = CScript() << ParseHex("04678afdb0fe5548271967f1a67130b7105cd6a8 28e03909a67962e0e
      a1f61deb649f6bc3f4cef38c4f35504e51ec112de5c384df7b a0b8d578a4c702b6bf11d5f") << OP_CHECKSIG;
      return CreateGenesisBlock(pszTimestamp, genesisOutputScript, nTime, nNonce, nBits, nVersion, genesisReward);
      }
      Good ole Brownstuff, you can thank him for becoming a crypto millionaire.

I forgot I wrote that code.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/us-s...al-currencies/

The govts and bankers aren't going to let people get away with having any kind of freedom away from FIAT currency...
        I can see that from all the activity from Wall St/Fed reserve, ie Segwit 2 and some ICOs that are backed by big finance and money. I can see them trying to grab control of BTC somehow (Segwit 2) or creating an 'official' blockchain/currency that they control and outlawing any others under crime prevention/terrorism countermeasures.

On the other hand the adoption of BTC (Comex futures) and it's mainstream activity is something not to be ignored. This tech is here to stay - Comex is probably just trying to make it tradable like other markets where they can manipulate price and somehow control it.

It's a bit like net neutrality where they keep coming back again and again until eventually they will get what they want. Whether they succeed or not remains to be seen, maybe this is why Scooter is telling us that 2018 - early 2019 will be the boom window after which 'something' might happen. So between now can and then we fill our boots and get out into fiat/property/gold/plan B with some decent cheddar?

I'm in with both feet - just transferred my spreadbetting account balance to Coinbase.
        Last edited by Jog On; 29 November 2017, 10:58.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

On the other hand the adoption of BTC (Comex futures) and it's mainstream activity is something not to be ignored. This tech is here to stay - Comex is probably just trying to make it tradable like other markets where they can manipulate price and somehow control it.
          Guessing the future price of 'data created by a C++ .exe' ain't easy, crypto volatility is unlike any commodity yet seen. Imagine how LedgerX feels this morning, they offered the following 11 days ago when BTC was $7760..

Nov 18, 2017
          LedgerX just initiated its first long-term bitcoin futures option.
          Long-Term Equity Anticipation Security (LEAPS) - set to expire on December 28, 2018
          "Under the terms of the deal, the buyer has the right to buy bitcoin at a price of $10,000 at that date"

Comment

The official blockchain will be created when I say so!

Comment

Running a zencash secure node looks like a nice little earner.

$15-$20 a month per VPS. Based on current nodes out there (800) returns are about 9.5 zen a month. ($300).

9-10 of these running. $285 a month per server = almost $3000 a month. Although I think you have to keep 42 ZEN in each node or something? So thats $1300 startup cost per server.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                The official blockchain will be created when I say so!
                Do we really need another scammy ICO?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

And the price still rises, amazing to watch but I do worry about the consequences. New ICO bubble-companies appearing by the hour, FOMO gripping more people every day, it's troublin'.

"Hundreds who, a few months previously, had begun to doubt that there was such a thing as poverty in the land, suddenly found themselves the possessors of a few bulbs, which nobody would buy, even though they offered them at one quarter of the sums they had paid for them. The cry of distress resounded every where, and each man accused his neighbour. The few who had contrived to enrich themselves hid their wealth from the knowledge of their fellow-citizens, and invested it in the English or other funds. Many who, for a brief season, had emerged from the humbler walks of life, were cast back into their original obscurity. Substantial merchants were reduced almost to beggary, and many a representative of a noble line saw the fortunes of his house ruined beyond redemption."

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
                    And the price still rises, amazing to watch but I do worry about the consequences. New ICO bubble-companies appearing by the hour, FOMO gripping more people every day, it's troublin'.

"Hundreds who, a few months previously, had begun to doubt that there was such a thing as poverty in the land, suddenly found themselves the possessors of a few bulbs, which nobody would buy, even though they offered them at one quarter of the sums they had paid for them. The cry of distress resounded every where, and each man accused his neighbour. The few who had contrived to enrich themselves hid their wealth from the knowledge of their fellow-citizens, and invested it in the English or other funds. Many who, for a brief season, had emerged from the humbler walks of life, were cast back into their original obscurity. Substantial merchants were reduced almost to beggary, and many a representative of a noble line saw the fortunes of his house ruined beyond redemption."
                    That's the name of the game.

Comment

Dash has just shot up
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X