• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    Bitcoin going down...about 5% so far. Helping out the other coins
    Remember the game - coin accumulation. Forgot about the dollar price.

I think a decent spread right now would include (or does)... Dash, Lisk, PIVX, Zencash, BTS and perhaps STRAT (much volume trying to get in).
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I think a decent spread right now would include (or does)... Dash, Lisk, PIVX, Zencash, BTS and perhaps STRAT (much volume trying to get in).
      I did read a useful bit of advice that it was probably more sensible to earn BTC rather than buy it

not sure how many cars I could wash or lawns I could mow in exchange for BTC but was wondering what the avenues available would be

I've used Purse.io extensively to spend BTC but not earn, but that's more spending for BTC anyway

any others you know of?

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        I did read a useful bit of advice that it was probably more sensible to earn BTC rather than buy it

not sure how many cars I could wash or lawns I could mow in exchange for BTC but was wondering what the avenues available would be

I've used Purse.io extensively to spend BTC but not earn, but that's more spending for BTC anyway

any others you know of?
        Mining is the obvious option. Someone posted their experiences with genesis mining here, seemed to be profitable for them.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Mining is the obvious option. Someone posted their experiences with genesis mining here, seemed to be profitable for them.
          yeah I should have said other than mining

i'll look up the genesis one, but briefly looked into mining litecoins but read it was uneconomical in this country at least

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Got a couple of those so happy about that. The BTCBCC and BTCXLM prices seem to be inverse to the BTCUSD price....want BTC to drop below 8000 but it seems to be fairly static now at 8100
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
              yeah I should have said other than mining

i'll look up the genesis one, but briefly looked into mining litecoins but read it was uneconomical in this country at least
              Yeah, actually mining in this country is not profitable, unless you can steel the electricity from somewhere (I am not condoning rigging up a mining rig to the lampost outside your house).

That's where pool mining comes in, you pay for a certain hash rate and get the a share of the coins based on the % of what you 'own'.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                Yeah, actually mining in this country is not profitable, unless you can steel the electricity from somewhere (I am not condoning rigging up a mining rig to the lampost outside your house).

That's where pool mining comes in, you pay for a certain hash rate and get the a share of the coins based on the % of what you 'own'.
                Does that make money? If so, why let other investors in?

Comment

more support for ripple
                  https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/st...37163445743616
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Does that make money? If so, why let other investors in?
                    They have to pay for the hardware and electricity somehow.

Comment

Would u trust this company/CEO with your Crypto dosh ?

then fill ur boots at
                      https://laser.online/
                      and earn 12% DAILY !

WARNING: PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION ! - Many consider it a textbook cryptocurrency scam/Ponzi scheme using a 'home brew' web site containing fake details including staged videos/photos shot with 'hired extras'. Could be controlled from Vietnam. Will probably disappear very soon.

But Emma is hot .. lets discuss blockchain darlin' !! xx

Comment

Working...
                      X