• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I want 2FA as well - as long as it works and I can actually log in. I'll look at the other ones. Re putting money on there - I'm assuming I can buy alt coin with bitcoin then transfer it to another wallet/offline when done?
    Correct. But you'll incur withdrawal fees every time you do.

If you wish to exchange alt-coins with other alt-coins, without using an online exchange, and without fees (more or less) then look into using https://bisq.network - bonus being you're always storing your coins locally on your machine or encrypted cloud or wherever you want.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Scooter, can you help me out with a question?

I wanted to get some Zencash so I bought some bitcoin on coinbase, transferred x amount to bittrex and now have zencash.

My question is, do I need a Zencash wallet? IF so, any advice on a suitable one?

I'm assuming that worst case, I can always convert back to BTC within Bittrex and then send back to Coinbase if I wanted to?

Alos, where was the tip on Dash?!

Thanks

Comment

http://voskcoin.com/how-to-set-up-ze...allet-bittrex/
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks NLUK, is there a wallet that can hold a variety of cryptos? Ben following this post for a long time but complicated as hell to get your head around!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            Thanks NLUK, is there a wallet that can hold a variety of cryptos? Ben following this post for a long time but complicated as hell to get your head around!
            Jaxx can hold multiple coins.

DYOR of course.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
              There are loads of them. I'd say do a bit of your own research in to them so you fully understand them. Decide for yourself which is best for you, Cloud Based, local, hardware etc. This isn't really stuff you should be doing asking someone else and then just blindly doing it. Tons of decent sites reviewing all the different options and weighing the pros and cons. Spend a bit of time on Google.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                There are loads of them. I'd say do a bit of your own research in to them so you fully understand them. Decide for yourself which is best for you, Cloud Based, local, hardware etc. This isn't really stuff you should be doing asking someone else and then just blindly doing it. Tons of decent sites reviewing all the different options and weighing the pros and cons. Spend a bit of time on Google.
                Thanks, seen some very good advice in this thread which has taught me a lot and much prefer to ask in a forum and get some real hands on advice / feedback. Google is full of millions of articles about crypto so difficult to know which to trust. When there is very knowlegable people here, it's a great resource.

Don't worry, I wont take anything on here as gospel and will do my own research too but if you can't chat and ask questions in an online forum then where can you do it

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

I have 2 questions for today:

1 - What news sources do those in the know follow?

2 - Any alt-coins worth mining? I have an Azure sub as part of my MS partner agreement (for the action pack) which is gathering dust....
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      2 - Any alt-coins worth mining?
                      Mining (especially in the UK) is a mugs game now, so difficult and time consuming to make decent cash unless you've got custom hardware and have tiny/no electricty costs (think a sub zero warehouse of noisy mining rigs in China)

Saw a recent YouTube vid of some UK guy who spent £2K+ on a custom 4GPU self build mining rig, after building it he calced that it would him take 2 years running 24/7 in the UK to make back the cost of the rig.

As I type this I'm just started an Ethereum (pool) miner on my laptop in a window in the background, thrashing the GPU.
                      Look, I've just made cash out of thin air .. yipee. I'm a genuine miner - something else for the CV

ETH: 11/16/17-11:27:49 - New job from <snip>
                      ETH - Total Speed: 19.611 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:09
                      ETH: GPU0 19.611 Mh/s
                      GPU0 t=62C fan=0%
                      ETH: 11/16/17-11:28:07 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
                      ETH: Share accepted (110 ms)! <-- I've mined Ethereum, yipee !
                      ETH: 11/16/17-11:28:11 - New job from <snip>
                      ETH - Total Speed: 19.559 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:10
                      ETH: GPU0 19.559 Mh/s
                      ETH: 11/16/17-11:28:14 - New job from <snip>
                      ETH - Total Speed: 19.633 Mh/s, Total Shares: 1, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:10
                      ETH: GPU0 19.633 Mh/s
                      ETH: 11/16/17-11:28:27 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
                      ETH: Share accepted (109 ms)! <-- I've mined Ethereum, yipee !

However the amount and rate of my earning is 'so low' and UK electricity costs so high (world relative) it will take me days running 24/7 on this lappy to afford a mars bar - plus my hardware will be shot.

But if I rent a warehouse in China and buy a shed load of custom rigs ..ummm..

Last edited by SunnyInHades; 16 November 2017, 11:56.

Comment

Working...
                      X