• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    bitcoin cash appears to be pumping again...best part of 20% in the last hour or so
    Been up and down like a yoyo that one over the weekend....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Im going for a punt on EOS.

No guaranteed tokens on the new platform from the ICO but we shall wait and see what happens closer to the time.

Dan Larimer has a good background on delivering decent block chain developments so figure its worth a punt.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
        Im going for a punt on EOS.

No guaranteed tokens on the new platform from the ICO but we shall wait and see what happens closer to the time.

Dan Larimer has a good background on delivering decent block chain developments so figure its worth a punt.

Had my first detailed look from the sidelines at a recent ICO - not EOS, not saying which one.
        The frenzy, buzz and panic buying around it was astounding, people clamoring to buy like a Christmas sale at Selfridges with huge disappointment/anger when they missed out (due to the website crashing etc.). Reminded me a little of the tech IPOs of old - but magnified 100 fold, on steroids.

Can't fail to see how the coin will go like gangbusters when exchange listed (1000% gain in a year - haha, we laugh at such piffling returns). May take a position when I can easily exchange for BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          Bitconnect Ltd. Anyone know/worked with 'em ?

One director, English name .. looks like he rented a Regus office in Ashford (The Panorama, Park Street, Ashford, England, TN24 8EZ). Incorporated Aug 2016, according to companycheck.co.uk no accounts/confirmation statement submitted yet.

There's also a BITCONNECT INTERNATIONAL PLC formed early Sep this year with a registered office of
          Grant Thornton House, 22 Melton Street, London, NW1 2EP - that tower block next to Euston.
          Lots of Asian looking names on the 14 Directors & Secretaries list of that new company. Big Asian investment/purchase ?

Huge crypto funds floating around Bitconnect - in addition to BCC itself they operate a 'could be shady'
          'Buy BCC with BTC, lend BCC to AI auto trading bot for set period, get percent of bot winnings each day .. approx 1% - never loses' scheme.

Some say its a Ponzi scheme and the 'bot' is bogus to blindside/mug off punters -
          new dudes who sign up actually pay the 'interest' accrued by dudes who signed up before 'em.
          Genius of the scheme is use of their own minted (and pre-mined) BCC Crypto with locked in time periods.

Some guys who have been in since the start appear to be making tulip loads.

Is it a Ponzi ? Or is the 'bot' a work of genius ?
          Just to make this absolutely clear:

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2017...zi-investment/

Comment

Must admit the cancellation of the segwit2x fork for Bitcoin does concern me.

Transaction times do seem to be getting a bit high, as do transaction fees. I just fear that if it gets worse then the whole thing is going to become unusable and come crashing down.

Saying that - markets seemed to react temporarily but its going back up now. Seems nothing can stop bitcoin at the moment.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Watching $0.5m trying to buy in. No one is selling much. Something is brewing...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Transaction times do seem to be getting a bit high, as do transaction fees. I just fear that if it gets worse then the whole thing is going to become unusable and come crashing down.

Saying that - markets seemed to react temporarily but its going back up now. Seems nothing can stop bitcoin at the moment.
                I for one think it is better Bitcoin does not try and compete with faster low fee blockchain, Ripple and Stellar are lightyears ahead of Bitcoin in that regard. No matter what modifications they make to the bitcoin blockchain they'll not easily catch up.

However bitcoin is for me like gold. It is not easy to sell or buy physically speaking and the fees and stupid. I see bitcoin in the future as a place of wealth storage.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

The mothership

"A mother ship, mothership or mother-ship is a large vehicle that leads, serves, or carries other smaller vehicles."

Comment

The inevitable Bitcoin 'gangsta rap' (in the loosest term) from CoinDaddy ..

"S2X aint got s**t"
                    Bitcoin core all the way, straight legit"

"Coindaddy on the s**t
                    8MB blocks .. suck my c**K"

Last edited by SunnyInHades; 14 November 2017, 14:39.

Comment

For some reason the rap made me think about... replace 'her' with 'bitcoin'

Comment

Working...
                      X