• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin over $6000 now. Yay. Made almost $600 so far on that. Wish I'd bought more.

Alternatives not so good. Bought about $800 worth of Neo, Ripple, Monero, Sia, Verge, Digibyte, and a few others - lost probably $200 on those.

Pension though is going great guns. Stuck about £8000 into a BTC tracker. Already doubled in about 2 months....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Bitcoin over $6000 now. Yay. Made almost $600 so far on that. Wish I'd bought more.

Alternatives not so good. Bought about $800 worth of Neo, Ripple, Monero, Sia, Verge, Digibyte, and a few others - lost probably $200 on those.

Pension though is going great guns. Stuck about £8000 into a BTC tracker. Already doubled in about 2 months....
      You haven't made anything until you've cashed out. Until then, you're just another greater fool. If you do cash out before the bubble bursts, well done.

Comment

convince everyone bitcoin is golden egg
        everyone buys bitcoin
        moons
        we were right!
        repeat

Until TULIP time

Ex-smoker now, but things were very different back in the Silk Road days, weird how that feels like ancient history. Should’ve kept my coin instead of smoking it, what an idiot.....at most I had about 15BTC which if I’d held and sold at the current high, would be about 65K !! Oh well it's only money.

Comment

Already doubled in about 2 months....
          Woohoo! Yeah baby!! Ride that cryptocurrency rocket all the way....

Comment

It really has gone right through the roof...at the expense of the other cryptos by the look of it. Bit gutted as my position was in Lumen (usually only trade between lumen and bitcoin) at the time it started rocketing. Still doing well though
            Must be due a correction soon so watch out
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              You haven't made anything until you've cashed out. Until then, you're just another greater fool. If you do cash out before the bubble bursts, well done.
              The insecurity of the naysayer thickos is very entertaining. So invested in being right about something you don't understand.

Oh and your argument applies to any stocks/shares.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                The insecurity of the naysayer thickos is very entertaining. So invested in being right about something you don't understand.

Oh and your argument applies to any stocks/shares.
                If you own 10% of a manufacturing company, you own manufacturing capability.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  If you own 10% of a manufacturing company, you own manufacturing capability.
                  You actually have some rights protected by laws, some value in 10% of assets, IPR etc. What does owning a "bitcoin" give you? Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You actually have some rights protected by laws, some value in 10% of assets, IPR etc. What does owning a "bitcoin" give you? Zero.
                    A bitcoin is a token of exchange and its value is entirely dependent on the willingness of others to exchange it. Quite unlike shares.

Comment

has anyone tried planting their magic beans yet??
                      just asking like

Comment

Working...
                      X