• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Got to be honest BC is doing well. I bought some BTC trackers on my HL SIPP a few months ago - £8000 of my pension fund. It was about £2100 at the time.
    So approx an extra £18K in my pension last few months (its a tracker so its not exact). Happy about that.

Just wish I'd bought more actual BC. Only got 0.2 :-(
    Hi psychocandy

What tracker did you use with your SIPP ?

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

Seems to be dropping back down a bit now though...deciding whether to exit and buy back in if/when it drops back down
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by techno View Post
        Hi psychocandy

I bought this ETF in my HL SIPP
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What trading platform are you guys using to buy/sell?

I never did manage to sign up with any of the platforms. None of them seemed to want my money - I literally could not make payments!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            Seems to be dropping back down a bit now though...deciding whether to exit and buy back in if/when it drops back down
            It's been up and down since I posted that. I was thinking of taking out half, which would be a 50% ish profit. But then I've only got a couple hundred quids worth, so I'm just gonna see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              It's been up and down since I posted that. I was thinking of taking out half, which would be a 50% ish profit. But then I've only got a couple hundred quids worth, so I'm just gonna see what happens.
              Currently trying to take about 2/3 out but kraken is playing up
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                What trading platform are you guys using to buy/sell?

I never did manage to sign up with any of the platforms. None of them seemed to want my money - I literally could not make payments!
                Poloniex and bittrex. I had a trial account with coinigy, which was great, but decided it wasn't worth paying for.

I bought my BTC on a credit card with coinbase. Not the cheapest way of doing it, but was fairly easy to do. There's also local bitcoins. I used that for a small purchase of about £100 but it felt incredibly shady, so decided not to use it again.

Comment

Originally posted by techno View Post
                  Hi psychocandy

Im with Hargreaves LAnsdown - Its called BIT-XBTE (XBT Provider AB - EUR bitcoin tracker)
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I bought this ETF in my HL SIPP
                    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Im with Hargreaves LAnsdown - Its called BIT-XBTE (XBT Provider AB - EUR bitcoin tracker)

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      Don't usually interrupt my holiday time (which is great if not hot) with this forum...

I'm sure you know the reason why Stellar shot up, which is to do with the IBM partnership IBM News room - 2017-10-16 IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - United States

Rumourmill is in overrive that Google are next to sign up (not going to tell you source so don't ask). If the news does come out, sell on the news after 20 hours of the pump. Thank me later (again).

Still waiting on thanks for my original Stellar advice!! You'd have made near 200% gain!
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X