• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$101 billion has now been pumped into crypto. For how long this will continue but watch that number. When it starts falling in a big way I'm for the off. This will happen in the next 18-24 months if the dotcom boom is anything to go by.

Will not sell it all though. Instead I'll short it big time.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      $101 billion has now been pumped into crypto. For how long this will continue but watch that number. When it starts falling in a big way I'm for the off. This will happen in the next 18-24 months if the dotcom boom is anything to go by.

Will not sell it all though. Instead I'll short it big time.
      I am seriously pissed I missed the 27th last week.... not sure I wanna put money in at this point, seems to be another bubble...

As I asked before, would it not make more sense to use your LTD Company to invest?

Comment

There's always 'missed' points. Put it behind you as quickly as possible and move on. Hope you managed to buy into some Stellar when it was hovering around $.031 ten days ago. Now at $0.052!

I'm in Germany. We do cash accounting here. Ltd companies are for 'companies', you know places with more than 1 or 2 people rather than tax dodging vehicles.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There's always 'missed' points. Put it behind you as quickly as possible and move on. Hope you managed to buy into some Stellar when it was hovering around $.031 ten days ago. Now at $0.052!

I'm in Germany. We do cash accounting here. Ltd companies are for 'companies', you know places with more than 1 or 2 people rather than tax dodging vehicles.
          Trouble is so many different cryptos not enough to cover all of them or even most of them.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Trouble is so many different cryptos not enough to cover all of them or even most of them.
            Have the same issue. More so difficult to know / understand who the competition is.

Comment

$101 billion has now been pumped into crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                $100 billion has been pumped into Sterling via QE

Comment

I am not sure the local small company would be happy with that remark, plenty of companies that have 2 3 people working, plumbers, construction workers, accountants, lawyers etc. Somehow Germany thinks that any small company of under 5 people is a tax dodging vehicle? 99% of people dealing in crypto don't declare their profits since the government doesn't quite have the means to check it yet. How about crypto then, call that criminal tax dodging and illegal trading?

Etherum is going the hell up... jeee. Looks like the next bitcoin.

Here some nice reading:
                  https://cointelegraph.com/explained/...rice-explained

http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Comment

$101 billion has now been pumped into crypto
                    Nobody pumped $101 bln of real money into "crypto"

Comment

$100 billion has been pumped into Sterling via QE
                      Yes, because BoE can print money in one nano-second, but buyers of "crypto" can't - "mining" isn't quick and getting exponentially harder.

Comment

Working...
                      X